PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the best place to buy Pliko P3??

kristie
06-12-2003, 12:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the best place to buy the Pliko P3? I live in California, somewhat near the valley. Has anyone bought online and can recommend a good online store or even a regular store? To be specific, I am look for one of the following styles of the P3:

Pliko P3 Sportivo in Synergy, or Xplorer
Pliko P-3 Classico in Synergy, Xplorer, or Black Sable

Also, which do you prefer, the Classico or the Sportivo? Any Advantages one has over the other?

Thanks so much!!
Kristie
Mommy to Isa 9/26/99 and Chloe 6/2/02

JustMare
06-12-2003, 12:46 PM
I plan on purchasing the P3 Classico in Black Sable from Marilyn of arunningstroller.com She's gotten great reviews here for her service. Also, she will match or beat competitor's prices.

The only difference I think is that the Sportivo comes with a rainshield. But you can also purchase one directly from Peg since the Classico already has a zipper to acommodate it.

HTH

kristie
06-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the link to http://www.arunningstroller.com.
I called and spoke with Marilyn and she was very nice! I will be ordering from her very soon. Marilyn also told me that the difference between the Sportivo and the Classico is the feel of the fabric. She said that the Sportivo has more of a nylon/mesh feel where as the Classico is a softer fabric.
You were right that the Sportivo does come with a rainshield.
Marilyn did tell me (as well as another place I called) that Peg is going to be raising the prices on their products! Marilyn said she called Peg and told them that she doesn't want to raise the prices, she said she will keep them at the same price. (Atleast for as long as she can!)

Thank you again for the link!
Let me know when you get your P3 and how you like it, I think I might go with the Classico Xplorer.

Kristie
Mommy to Isa 9/26/99 and Chloe 6/02/02

merrie
06-12-2003, 03:55 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I just ordered the P3 Classico and Primo Viaggion carseat both in Xplorer from Marilyn last week. She was soooo nice to deal with and my order got here in 48 hours!!! My husband and I absolutely love the stroller and the Xplorer fabric is so nice and soft- you will love it! I had agonized over a stroller purchase, and am very, very happy with this. She will also match any price you can find and the cheapest I could find was $229 for the stroller and $149 for the carseat- she also has free shipping and a lot of items already in stock. I had never seen a P3 in person (we live in a small town) but after reading raving reviews, I had to get it. All I can say is that you will LOVE it!
Merrie

votre_ami03
06-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Kristie,

I just got mine yesterday! (Can you tell I am excited!?) I ordered the p3, Classico in X-Plorer & LOVE it! I ordered from Baby Catalog.com, I receieved it w/in a week (I'm in AZ). They were $229, but they raised their price to $249, I think. The fabric is so soft & it looks so sharp! It was easy to snap the pieces on (hood, etc.). The best part, I didn't find the fold difficult at all. One thing (the directions do show it), once you open it, you have to snap the legs in place.

My son isn't due for another 6 weeks, but I gave it a spin around the house & was quite happy w/it.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

masetane
06-12-2003, 04:14 PM
what is the xplorer fabric - cant find an example of it
caroline

mamicka
06-12-2003, 04:17 PM
I bought a P3 Sportivo Xplorer from Marilyn last week & it is supposed to arrive today. She had some of the Sportivo models on sale because she had received a huge shipment from Peg-Perego. It was actually less expensive than the Classico (if I remember right, it was $229? & the Classico was $249?).

I can give my thoughts on the P3, hopefully soon. Like I said, it should arrive today & the baby should arrive by Monday.

I would highly recommend working with Marilyn. She was incredibly helpful, even when extremely busy.

votre_ami03
06-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Caroline, It's a black-ish gray fabric w/a tan. The tan is soooo soft! I found mine at http://www.babycatalog.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/index.cgi?use_frames=yes, click on the Explorer for a larger image. It's hard to tell by the pic, but I took the word of the parents here, they recommended that fabric. I could not be happier.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

kristie
06-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Christy,
I thought the Xplorer fabric is a brown with tan with a blue piping? I did hear how soft it is. Did you get the Classico Xplorer or the Sportivo Xplorer? From the sound of it, I think you got the Classico. Let me know.
Thanks!
Kristie

votre_ami03
06-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Kristie,

The seat part is tan, the exterior is like black w/tan underneath, kind of like a gray look to it. It has the smallest amount of light blue piping. It really is nice looking.

I did get the Classico. I first tried it out at a local BRU, but that was the eleganza, I think.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

kristie
06-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Thank you Christy for your help. I do know that the BRU here does have a P3 also in the eleganza. Everyone else is describing the Xplorer as a cocoa color with tan and light blue piping. But you say it is more like a black. I really didn't want black, maybe it is such a dark cocoa that it looks black.
Maybe to avoid getting a stroller that looks black I should just go with the Synergy in the Classico. Well, atleast I do have it narrowed down to two colors ( and I think the Classico over the Sportivo)

Thanks again Christy!
Kristie

votre_ami03
06-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Myabe it's me? *lol* To me, it's like a gray black w/tan underneath. *shrug* It was late when I opened it, but I have seen it in the light. The stroller is very nice looking, whatever color it is! *lol*

I am in hot & sunny Phoenix, so black would not be my ideal either. :)

I will take another look.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan