PDA

View Full Version : Perego Aria Twin

selah524
06-12-2003, 01:06 PM
I am considering the Aria Twin for my 2 year old boy and 7 month old girl. Anyone use this stroller with children with similar ages. I sat my son in the stroller at BuyBuy Baby and he seemed comfortable enough but I wanted to know what actual usage was like. Any advice would be appreciated.

selah

masetane
06-12-2003, 04:20 PM
I had it and returned it. The napper bar kept opening and then my 2 1/2 month old kept seeing me snap it back in and she kept swinging it open. Plus, she kept leaning over and disturbing my 5 month old which made me crazy. It was also too much thin plastic for me. I splurged and got the Peg tandem and I'm so thrilled with it. I can fit anywhere!! My friend who has a side by side had to take her kids out and fold up her stroller when we were out but I breezed right in (not to mention sterring with one hand!
Caroline

asmalik
06-12-2003, 09:48 PM
We are using it (a 2002 model) with our twin sons who are nearly 7 mos. old now. We think it is great--very light, easy to maneuver, with comfortable seating.

There are only two recline positions but that isn't a problem for us. Though it is made of plastic, we found it sturdier than the Combi Twin Savvy, which is the only comparably light-weight twin. Despite the plastic, it exudes quality, unlike some strollers.

We took the stroller with us on a plane trip from the US to India, via Europe. We never had a problem fitting it through doorways into and out of hotels, airports, etc. With a bit of pleading we were even able to stash it onboard planes in a coat closet--it folds quite compactly and has a convenient carry handle; it is easily carried with one hand.

The napper bar is pretty tough to open, one has to push a catch that faces out in order to release it. I would think it would be tough for a kid to reach around and down and release it. Perhaps our model differs.

The side-by-side design does mean that one can child can reach over and bother the other. I understand with tandem designs the child at the back can kick the child in front! So both have their drawbacks I guess.

It doesn't have cupholders or a tray, but one can buy add-ons. The storage area at the bottom is quite large and easily accessible.

Hope this helps.

ginalc
06-13-2003, 07:09 AM
I bought the Aria Twin at a terrific price and returned it. I debated for weeks before deciding. I opted for the MBUD only to find that my 2 yr old really just wants to walk so most of the time I push the double with one child and my diaper bag. :)

If you've lasted this long without a double, you might be happy with the Kolcraft for $50 at Target. Not a bad price for an occasional double.

gina, mom to 3

masetane
06-13-2003, 07:31 AM
LOL - I guess my 2 year old is Houdini - she has absolutely no problem opening it! :) Tandem works for me b/c my son is too small to kick - we'll see what happens when he gets older but hopefully my daughter won't need a stroller then!
Caroline