PDA

View Full Version : Colors of Pliko P3? Confused? Help?

kristie
06-12-2003, 07:05 PM
Hi,
I made a post earlier about where to buy the Pliko P3?
If anyone owns one could you please help me with the colors.
I looked at a couple links (because I can't find any in any stores to actually look at) and here are my questions:
Look at the following links and tell me if the Sportivo looks more pinkish or purple in the seat area than the Classico model in Xplorer.

Sportivo
http://www.babycyberstore.com/perego-stroller-plikop3sportivo-xplorer.html
Classico
http://www.babycyberstore.com/perego-stroller-plikop3sportivo-xplorer.html

At another site they use the same pic for both the Sportivo and Classico models, or atleast it looks that way to me. Here is the links:
Sportivo
http://www.barebabies.com/20plp3spxstf.html
Classico
http://www.barebabies.com/20plp3clxpst.html

So can anyone tell me if the Xplorer is a brown with tan with a blue piping or is it greyish black with tan with a blue piping?
Also is it me or does the Sportivo look purple/pinkish in the seat?

Sorry for needing so much help, but when you can't see them in person it makes it really hard to make a decision.

Also, last thing I promise, does anyone have the Synergy fabric? Is it nice or too light? I have a baby girl and don't want anything too boyish.

Thanks so much!!

Kristie
Mommy to Isa 9/26/99 and Chloe6/02/02

gssever
06-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Actually all of those links to me look like the classico to me. I have the sportivo synergy. Definately different from the classico one. When I went looking, I thought I wanted the the Xplorer, but really liked the synergy. When I see it, I see more gray than blue. I also have a daughter and have gotten many compliments on it. The synergy is lighter in color, may not get as hot. The Xplorer is not pink/purple. I think that is the picture.

HTH,
STephanie

kristie
06-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Thank you Stephanie,
Do you happen to have any pics of your P3?
Do you like the fabric of the Sportivo? I was told it is more like a nylon/mesh fabric. Does that have any truth to it?

Thanks again,
Kristie

votre_ami03
06-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Kristie, I answered you question on the other post. Mine is the Classico & for the most part looks like the pic, although IRL there is nothing purple on it, although it does look that way in the pic (maybe b/c it's the Sportivo?). The fabric is like a black w/a tan underneath, does that help?

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

pamela mom of 3
06-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Well still have yet to touch a sportivo, the store i go doesn't have it on the floor the synergy classico was, it is very pretty..pale blue/grey tones.....but i worry too light? KWIM? i do know perego fabrics are pretty durable from owning tons over the years but it's just the first thing that pops into my own head everytime i see that color.

As to X-plorer it's blue piping with a tan and cocoa color, the tan is soft, velvet like..
You can see mine here
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

HTH and GL deciding! :)

kristie
06-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the pic, it really helps. It looks more like you describe, blue piping with a tan and cocoa color, not black with tan as Christy described.
Now I just need to decide between the Synergy and the Xplorer. I think the Synergy is very pretty but maybe too light, I wonder if the fabric on the Classico Synergy is a soft as everyone says the xplorer fabric in the Classico is?
From my understanding, the Classico models have the soft fabrics, which sounds great to me! And the Sportivo models aren't as soft.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Kristie
Mommy to Isa 9/26/99 and Chloe 6/02/02

Blue Jeans Mama
06-13-2003, 09:27 PM
You got it. The classico frabic is very soft. The fabric on the Sportivo is not as soft (not bad neither). I just got my Spotivo in synergy and there is no much of that soft material. Just a little on the hood and on the sides of the stroller.

The rest of the fabric on the sportivo is soft but not like the one in the classico. There is also a mesh on the sit. Once again no as soft like the classico but not bad. I actually like this fabric better than the fabric they used for the metallica and eleganza.

The color is more gray with blue to it and the pipping is Burgundy.

HTH

Cathy

gssever
06-14-2003, 08:23 PM
My daughter had a very leaky wet diaper on in the sportivo and the seat got pretty wet. Right after I changed her, I put a lap pad in it and then her on top to get back to car from the mall. By the time we got back to the car, it was dry. I also think that the mesh and the side fabric (looks like very tiny checks almost) makes the stroller a bit "darker" in color than the classico version. When I see it, I don't say to myself that will get dirty quickly, like I sometimes say when I some some lighter fabrics on Gracos and such.

Stephanie

masetane
06-14-2003, 09:05 PM
I touched the sportivo fabric in teh store today. The top part is super soft and the mesh part feels like, well, mesh! Maybe only the teeniest scratchy if you want to get picky but not enough to make you not get it. Personally, I like the soft. A salesperson for arunningstroller.com in Florida says people down there buy the sportivo fabric more because it seems more breathable which maybe it is. I dont' think you would get as hot on it?? and maybe it would dry faster???
Hope that can help in any way
Caroline