PDA

View Full Version : taylormade or solarveil pool sling?

stella
06-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Zolowear sells the taylormade treasures pool sling and says that it is only intebded to be worn in the water - which is mainly why I need a sling. it's $28.

kk has the solarveil for $38 and you can wear it outside the pool. Do you think it's comfortable ouside the pool? Of course it has the sunscreening benefit, which is helpful.

Thanks for any advice!!

ginalc
06-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Hey Stella,

Aren't these choices tough!?! :)

$28 is a good deal for a water sling. If that's primarily why you're buying the sling, go for it!

I'm not sure if I should share the next part..............

I bought some Solarveil fabric and it arrived yesterday. It is really cool! It is see-through and lightweight. An added benefit to the KK sling would be to use the sling over the stroller canopy to cut down on glare and sun exposure. (I've done this with my Rebozo in the past) It's harder to do this with a sling with rings because you have to take the fabric out of the rings in order to spread it out. Not too time consuming, but a necessary task.

I know that Jessica (Calmegia) bought her KK sling with light padding and I think it would be more comfortable for extended use outside the pool with some shoulder padding. I'm not sure how the padding would hold up over long-term pool use and chlorine exposure. Then again, you probably won't need it 2 years from now ~ or will you? :)

Still ............ $28 is a good price for a water sling!

gina, mom to 3