PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for Grandma's

mamagoosie
10-29-2003, 10:23 AM
My folks live far away, but we seem to be visiting them a fair amount. DD travels by air via sit n stroll but I'm getting tired of lugging the stroller around as well. So I'm thinking of getting a stroller to leave there.

Our primary stroller is Mac Techno XT - which we love - great for city living. We also have an MBUS for walks.

I certainly don't want to spend that much on the stroller for Grandma's. I'm thinking of looking on eBay for some bargains, and wanted to explore options beyond the strollers I know. I'd like a good all-around stroller - good for walks, good for mall, fits in trunk of car easily, etc. It doesn't have to be the "perfect" stroller, and I'm willing to compromise on weight/durability to get a good deal.

Any recommendations? FYI, dd is 11 months and we'll likely start thinking about #2 in a year or so.

Thanks,
Alex

pamela mom of 3
10-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Graco lite riders are not too heavy and are pretty basic in how they function..you know nothing too complicated for the non-stroller folks, they won't win long term durability awards but are decent IMO for the cost. Their are tons to pick from....cirrus, breeze etc..they make good mall strollers since their baskets are huge.

After that moving up the cost ladder, perego plikos make good all round strollers...the fold can be tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple and fast, pretty sure ebay has many deals to be had on these at the momment.

HTH :)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

hwin708
10-30-2003, 08:48 PM
I have none of the crazy amounts stroller knowledge that others here have, but I will offer a little idea. I have noticed that Apricas seem to be a quality stroller that can accomodate infants and toddlers very well, and tend to go for very great prices. When I was considering them, the Quantum Royal was on sale for $99, and it appears this sale happens often. They can also be found very reasonably priced on ebay. The biggest drawback I have seen for Apricas is that some people don't like the suspension, finding it strange.
If you're looking for a bargain, you may also want to try the Stroller Swap.