PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldn't I buy the Chicco 2003 Duo???

kristenk
10-31-2003, 12:19 AM
Hi, all! Me, again. I hope to one day be here offering advice, but my only stroller experience to date is driving them around BRU! I have one (hopefully) final set of questions for you.

I found the Chicco 2003 Duo Pram system for $199 + just under $20 for shipping. It has the 2002 stroller plus the little carry cot. I'm very tempted to go ahead and buy this even though the baby isn't due until February. The other strollers I'm looking at are the P3 and the Zippy.

Here's the link to the Duo:
http://www.comfortforless.com/chiccopram.html

Here are my main comparison points (correct me if I'm wrong):
1. The 2002 is about 5 pounds heavier than the Zippy or P3.

2. The canopy on the P3 and 2004 Zippy are larger than the one on the 2002.

3. The 2002 steers better than the P3 or Zippy.

4. The Zippy folds better than the P3 or 2002.

5. Depending on where you look for pricing, the 2003 Duo costs either just a little bit more or less than the P3 or Zippy - neither of which comes with the carry cot at that price.

Does that look right to you? Is there something that I'm really missing? (This is my first baby and first stroller purchase, so there really could be lots of things that I don't realize are as important as they really are...) Is the fold on the 2002 horrible? Will it not fit into anything smaller than an SUV? It seems like there's something I'm not noticing.

So, is there anything else I should consider before buying this adorable pram/stroller sight unseen?

Thanks!
Kristen

Edited to remove a link. One of the stores that was selling it just discovered that they don't actually have it after all after I started asking questions about it. Now let's see if the other store has it...

strollerqueen
10-31-2003, 03:07 AM
Buy it immediately! It is FABULOUS! The fold is very easy, I find it easier than the Pliko, compareable to the P3.

It's only about 2 pounds heavier.

The canopy is good, just doesn't go all the way down to the napper bar like the Plikos and 2004 Zippys. The 2003 Zippys's is the same.

Great great great choice!

Momof3Labs
10-31-2003, 03:15 PM
The fold on the Chicco is very easy, just not one-handed like the Zippy. But to fold the Zippy, I have to lean over a little. I don't have to do that with the Chicco. All three (Chicco, Zippy and P3) fold down to about the same size (they fold umbrella style).

And I don't think that there is a full 5lb difference between these strollers - probably more like 2-3lbs.

The one thing that is lacking, IMO, on the Chicco 2002 is the canopy. But the amazing steering more than makes up for it!! And since I use the steering 100% of the time and the canopy only maybe 25% of the time (we use the Chicco primarily indoors), the steering wins over the canopy big time!