PDA

View Full Version : Instep Safari vs Jeep Liberty

jenfed1
11-03-2003, 11:02 PM
I know this has been discussed before but I am really struggling with this decision. I've seen them both and am not sure which way to go. I've never been a big fan of Kolcraft, so I am hesitant about the Jeep. But I don't know much about Instep to compare. Can someone who owns one of these let me know why you love it. My first choice would be a MBUS, but it's not in the budget right now.

Thanks!
Jen

JustMare
11-04-2003, 02:46 PM
BRU has discontinued the Jeep. I saw it on the display for a whole two weeks! :( They claim they can't keep it in stock. I think it's a stupid reason for discontinuing a stroller!

If it's a second stroller, I'd go with the Instep. If it's your main stroller go with the MBUS.

phillymommy
11-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't know much about the Jeep Liberty, but I did consider the InSTEP for awhile there. I ended up getting a MBUS, but I thought the InSTEP was a great buy and VERY easy to push. It was just a little heavy for me since I live in the city.

Nicole
Mom to Charlie (3/6/02)

713abc
11-05-2003, 11:33 PM
I bought a floor model of the Jeep from BRU two weeks ago (now that they are discontinuing them they are selling their floor models). I really like it except I feel the handle bars are not at a comfortable hight for me. I am only 5'3", and when I walk faster than a stroll I feel my feet are kicking the basket and that I am slightly hunched over. Not sure if the InStep Safari would be better, but that was the other one I was chosing between. I may post separately to see if anyone knows if the handle bars are higher on the InStep.

But besides that I really like the Jeep. You can order it online at Walmart, I believe, and the only difference from the one sold at BRU is it doesn't have the CD player speakers built in.

713abc
11-08-2003, 06:10 PM
I just wanted to mention that I returned my Jeep Liberty 3 Wheel today to BRU and bought the InStep Safari from Baby Depot instead. Even though I really liked the Jeep, the fact that my feet kicked the brake/basket area when I walked fast made it impossible to keep. We took a long walk today with the Safari and I love it. The handle bars are adjustable so I have it at the highest setting and it is very comfortable (for me and DH). And my feet don't kick the basket, which is set much closer to the front than in the Jeep. Other observations now that I have owned both: the InStep is a few pounds lighter, the seat padding is equally comfortable in both, the basket is a little smaller on the Safari (probably because it is set further toward the front), the wheels are bigger on the Safari though I don't think this makes too much of a difference, the seat on the Safarri seems to have much more range (recline further and sit further upright), both seem equally easy to push and steer and turn. The Jeep has that cool toy and the BRU version had the CD player speakers, which were really great extras but worth doing without so that I can walk comfortably.

Hope this helps.