PDA

View Full Version : BOB Rain Cover

StantonHyde
11-04-2003, 05:52 PM
I have the BOB single and I love it!! I think it should be called the "Official Hiking with the Dog Stroller". We have now entered snow season here in the Rockies and I am counting on my BOB to tackle the streets. I got the rain cover and it fits and is easy to use. BUT the directions say not to cover the footwell vent or my DS will suffocate. How am I supposed to leave the footwell vent uncovered when the Runneroo blanket is there? And I need the Runneroo because it is COLD. Is the top vent (under the handlebar) sufficient? Can I just not attach the side cords and figure some air will get in that way? Is this whole thing legalese and I am worrying over nothing and my kid will be fine? Or is it really a problema and I need to find a jogging stroller rain/snow cover with decent ventillation? (I would rather not since the thing cost me $50)

Any assistance, ideas, or suggestions for a ventilated rain cover will be appreciated. Thank you.

cinrein
11-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I have the BOB single too and the rain cover. While I'm not sure what a Runneroo blanket is, I read all the warnings about ventilation and it was enough to scare me! We use a Bundle me, which doesn't fall anywhere near the bottom vent.

Are you sure you need the blanket? It does get quite toasty inside the covered stroller. Maybe your child will be OK with a jacket and the rain cover?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

StantonHyde
11-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I got an email from the folks at jogging stroller.com and they said that the warnings are overzealous. (I can imagine it might be a problem in warm weather with sun etc) He said that the top vent should be fine and that if I want to not attach the sides then that would be ok for ventilation as well.

In response to the reply--the Runneroo is available at joggingstroller.com and is a fleece blanket with a nylon cover that zips up the middle. My son is 1 yr and 30 inches long so too big for a car seat cover type blanket. BUT--how long is the Bundle Me? I have a Cosy Rosie for his "around the block" stroller and it is too light for the winter. (It is usually 20 degrees in the morning when we have to take the dog out for his morning "quick round") The Bundle Me seems so much warmer. Thanks.

StantonHyde
11-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Ok, so I took the plunge and answered my own question! I took Ben out today in 30 degree weather with the raincover (for wind protection). I left the side elastic unhooked and pushed/curled the side in a little bit so air could get in the sides. It worked great. In fact, he slept for the whole hour! By the time we were done, it was starting to get sunny and that seemed to be steaming up the shield, so I would say if it is a sunny day in winter, I probably wouldn't use it. Of course, I kept poking him every 15 minutes to make sure he was alive--felt like a first time parent again!!