PDA

View Full Version : Need stroller advice

morganagain
11-04-2003, 11:05 PM
we were thrown for a loop last friday and found out we are having twins, due in April. We have one son now, who will be 2 in February. I just don't even know what to look for...my son still needs a stroller for lots of outings, but obviously the infants will need the stroller, too. We do have a baby bjorn which could work sometimes with one of the infants, but that isn't always ideal.

Does anybody have any recommendations on what we can do? I know if we got a double stroller my dh and I could go out together, using the single for our son, but what if I need to go out alone with all 3 (gasp!) kids?

TIA!

morganagain
11-09-2003, 09:06 PM
anyone?

morganagain
11-09-2003, 09:06 PM
anyone?

strollerqueen
11-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Aww, no one is answering you, sorry.

This has been discussed at length recently on the Parent's Place Board. Do a search there.

The best triples out there are the Runabout, Inglesina, and Peg. You will probably need one. Your son may get a little jealous of the babies and want to ride, too, when he sees them riding.

There are lots of used ones on Ebay, and lots of multiple moms groups that sell used ones for a good price. They are really expensive new. A few people bought them OL from the Triplet Connection? Or something like that.

I would also get a double SBS. You could sling one baby while the others ride, or let your DH push it while you push the single.

When your son gets bigger, you can put the twins in the double, and attach a buggy board to the back for him to ride on. He is too young for that now, though.

hardysmom
11-10-2003, 03:07 PM
First, congratulations. Sorry no one answered... the twin thing is really tough. I have been around this board for a couple of years and I am also having twins in March (DS turns 2 this month)

Strollerqueen is correct about the best triples being Runabout, Peg, and Inglesina...

Peg added swivel wheels a couple of years ago so it is a good indoor choice. The Inglesina was just redesigned so make sure you are looking at 2004's (unless you prefer the 2003). They are up on the Inglesina site.

The Runabout is the best option for outdoor use. Moms of triplets love this stroller and say the weight is distributed in such a way that it isn't hard to turn despite the fixed wheel.

I've been warned off of the less expensive brands (J. Mason, Baby Jogger, Baby Trend) If one of the higher-end triples isn't in the budget, get a gently-used triple off of www.tripletconnection.com .

My plan is to get a snap n go double as a "travel system" for quick errands when I only have the twins or my DS can walk. I am also getting a Mountain Buggy Double for longer outings when (in the beginning) I can sling one baby and my son can ride in the stroller. When we outgrow the Snap n Go, I'll get a lighter weight double like a maclaren.

I am going to figure out what I really need in a triple after the babies come. I am not sure if I need something for indoors/errands, just for longer outdoor walks, etc... At 2 my son doesn't like to ride unless he is really tired, but sometimes I need him to be contained, KWIM? One way or the other, I'll probably buy off of the tripletconnection.com board.

Stephanie