PDA

View Full Version : new 04 zippy fabrics/colors...anyone have real life experience?

brittone2
11-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone!
I think we've finally settled on the zippy for our baby due in february after MUCH research on these boards and elsewhere;) Dh got to try one out in the store last night and he doesn't have any problems w/ the handle height or with accidentally kicking it which is what I wanted to check before ordering it. We looked at one at Zany Brainy/RIght start and the salesperson wasn't helpful at all. She wasn't even sure if the model was the 03 or the 04, but she said they only got in it a month ago. I noticed the canopy did NOT come all the way down, and I know strollerqueen said the new one should and when I double checked w/ inglesina a week ago they also said the new canopy comes all the way down, so I don't know what the deal was. THe color was grayish silver with a chartreuse kind of green piping on it, which I don't recall seeing in the old or new colors!!??

I'm soon ready to order but I'm wondering if anyone has seen the fabrics IRL? I am thinking of going w/ the one that is sort of a solid navy (PD 1). Is the SB0 black in color? I'm having a tough time telling!! Does anyone know if any of the new fabrics are scratchy?

Thanks again!!

Beth

miki
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Besides the improved canopy that is supposed to go all the way down and the new fabrics, is the 2004 model different than the 2003 in other ways? Thanks.

geochick
11-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Beth,

I'd recommend calling Marilyn at arunningstroller.com (800-925-0444). She just got the 2004s in stock and should be able to help you with the fabrics. I just ordered mine this week in the PK5 color (dark gray with red trim). Marilyn was very helpful. I don't think any store had the 2004s a month ago, so I think the stroller you looked at might have been an older model. If you order from Marilyn she'll throw in a rain cover. I hope you like your Zippy.

brittone2
11-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks Geochick. I am actually planning on ordering from Marilyn since I've heard so many good things about her, and a free rain cover...that's fabulous!! Maybe she can talk me through what each fabric selection is like. Thanks for the tip! I suspect you are right...I don't think that was a new zippy we saw at Right Start...disappointing their sales person couldn't even tell me!!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the basket is also a little bigger on the new 04 zippy. I think the upholstery, the improved canopy, and the bigger basket are the improvements. I'm not aware of any others. Maybe someone else would know more.

Thanks ladies,

Beth

JustMare
11-05-2003, 05:41 PM
I believe Strollerqueen also mentioned that the padding is a little bit plusher on the 2004 model.

I'm ordering from Marilyn also. I'm going with the PK5. I like the charcoal, black and red trim - very different.

I believe you saw it in the "Sugar" pattern. It's sorta blue/grey with yellowish trim.

New colors are Navy, Navy Plaid, Khaki w/blue trim, Black w/khaki plaid and Charcoal, black w/red trim.

The Inglesina website lists a rainshield is included, not attached.

brittone2
11-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the additional info!! I like the charcoal, black, and red one too...it is a nice look and DH really likes red. Is the canopy black w/ a charcoal seat? I don't know if it is my monitor but I really can't tell from the inglesina pics. I guess the FN6 is the Khaki w/ blue trim? I would have never guessed that was khaki based on how it came up on my monitor! It looks very gray to me. I think khaki would look neat too but I hate guessing without seeing it IRL! You'll have to let me know how you like the Pk5...I like that one too. Right now we are registered for the snugride in Saratoga (navy/sage/cream plaid) so I keep debating whether I should try and "match" that w/ the stroller or just get what I want since the stroller will be used long after the infant seat is outgrown (hopefully!!). What to do, what to do??!!

Are you going to order a boot for yours or any other accessories? I debate the boot but I'm going to get a kiddopotamus carseat cover and that supposedly fits over a lot of strollers as well so that might be enough without the boot.

Thanks again for the updates:)

Beth

kozachka
11-06-2003, 05:11 AM
I also understand that it would be easier to lock fron wheels on the 2004 Zippy. Right now you have to bend over and do it with your hands, and on 2004 models you should be able to do it with your feet like on Peg Pergo P3. That what I was told in my local store.

Kozachka

brittone2
11-06-2003, 12:22 PM
The more I find out, the happier I am that we are buying the zippy:) Thanks for the info!!

Beth

JustMare
11-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I'm so happy to hear this!!

I HATED that feature on the Zippy! I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the wheels unlocked in the store. I kept jamming my foot into the wheel to unlock something! When I asked the salesperson I was surprised to see him bend down to unlock the brakes.

What if your uncomfortable from a c-section?? How do they expect new mom's to bend down all the time!!! :)

I'm so glad they fixed this feature!!! Can't wait to see it!!