PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the 2004 MB colors IRL or online?

sugarsnappea
11-06-2003, 08:15 AM
I don't want to bother Strollerqueen with such a trivial dilemma. :) I am torn between Grape, Chocolate or Silver. Marilyn told me the Silver was a light, light silver. I would like silver if it doesn't look too shiny, like tin foil. I have searched the internet and keep finding only last year's colors. Does anyone know if the new colors are posted anywhere? TIA!

allofakindfamily
11-06-2003, 09:32 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. I have an MBUD (in grape which I love) but I'm dying to see the new colors on the MBUS. I want to ask DH for one for Christmas - or at least a "coupon" for one when the new colors come out but I don't know what color I want. Of course it might not matter since DH thinks I'm nuts to want another stroller so maybe I'll have better luck asking Santa LOL

Heather

Susann
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
I have seen the Lime IRL. It was really cool, even if I'm a red stroller person. I would have gone for that one.

Susann

http://pages.ivillage.com/susann_t

allofakindfamily
11-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Are you sure that lime will be available? That's the one I want but when I emailed Marilyn to see what colors she would be getting she said chocolate, light silver and bright orange.

Heather

PS - where did you see the lime?

Susann
11-06-2003, 12:09 PM
I saw the lime in Europe, I thought it would be available here since the beige, orange and silver are already available (and have been for awhile) in Europe.

Susann

hardysmom
11-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Just an FYI that the grape is going away so if that is your choice, might be best to order...

I have never seen the silver. Knowing MB, I wouldn't expect it to be too shiny... I am just weary of light colored strollers since my son is a mess...

Tam/Hipaman has the Chocolate Terrain. I love it. Here is a link to her site:

http://pages.ivillage.com/hipmaman/id1.html

Stephanie

sugarsnappea
11-06-2003, 01:30 PM
thanks everyone. I heard that the Lime color is exclusive to babyoutfitters.com. I too, am worried about how light the silver actually is. Thanks for the link to Tam's website, the chocolate is nice. Decisions, decisions...

allofakindfamily
11-06-2003, 02:18 PM
I just talked to Baby Outfitters. They have the lime green - as well as orange, chocolate brown, silver, graphite and of course the standard red blue and green. I'm pretty sure those were the standard colors she mentioned. I was more interested in the non-standard LOL.

Heather

partyof5
11-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Here is a link to the Mountain Buggy Europe website which seems to have our 2004 colors except for the chocolate.

http://www.onetreehilleurope.com/buggies_home.html

I ordered a lime MBUS from Baby Outfitters and it's beautiful! It's not a neon green at all but a brighter green than the Maclaren Pistachio color. Even my picky DH approved of the color. The only problem is that I can see it getting dirty very easily.

I like the grape too and since that is one of the colors they are discontinuing for 2004 (the other discontinued color is ocean cloud) I ordered an extra set of seat and canopy fabrics just so I wouldn't dream about it later, lol.

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

MamaKath
11-06-2003, 05:55 PM
I believe Baby Outfitters will have an exclusive on the Lime. They are very nice to deal with.

I think I would go for the lime or chocolate myself. ;-) JMO though~

jesseandgrace
11-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Has anyone seen the orange? I was thinking about the orange because I was not sure the lime would be available. Now that I know I can get the lime, I'm torn. It is so hard to tell what the colors look like from the website! I would love to hear any opinions on the orange. Is it like the bugaboo orange?

pamela mom of 3
11-06-2003, 08:57 PM
May i ask how much the seat and hood were? Just curious in case i want a different color down the road too lol ;)

Thanks...
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

strollerqueen
11-06-2003, 09:13 PM
No bother. I like answering questions, when I get the time.

I actually loved all the colors, the chocolate, silver, and even the orange! It looks DARLING on the MB. ANd yes, to answer another question, it does look very Bugaboo-ish, (but without any safety worries!)

So I was convinced I wanted a Breeze in Chocolate, when they come out. Now I'm changing my mind to the Silver, too, LOL!

Oh, if you want the Grape, you should be able to get a good deal on it, since it is being discontinued. You could also contact Alan at Mountain Buggy, and see if he has special offers.

allofakindfamily
11-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm torn too. I think the orange and the lime both look cool. I think I'm leaning toward the lime mostly because I have a Volo in Marigold. I tell you though - I saw that Coral on the European webstie. I'd LOVE to see that sometime.

Heather

pamela mom of 3
11-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Hey Janet, having not seen a orange bugaboo would you tell me please if the orange compare to the marigold volo?

Since that i own i can compare easily lol ;)

Just curious, basically 100% certain my breeze will be orange, we are not getting chocolate :(

Thank you :D

Susann
11-07-2003, 01:43 AM
I have seen the orange Bugaboo and the Volo in real life. The Volo is definetly yellow compared to the Bugaboo. the Bugaboo is like the fruit Orange. I also saw an orange Bugaboo in Amsterdam and that was a little different: more like a dried peach. Like a hint of brown in it. If you know what I mean. But anyway, the orange I saw in the US was bright and ORANGE.

Susann

heidi_timms
11-07-2003, 02:30 AM
Do they sell those other models in the US that are on the European website? The rollerbuggy and the //cdrive? They both look really cool!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

strollerqueen
11-07-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey Pamela!

Yes, I would agree with what Susann said. It looks really, really cute in orange. It is ORANGE, like the one you eat, LOL! You will LOVE it! You better get it, because every time I see one OL now, I think, "Oh, Pamela has that!" Guess I'm jumping ahead, in my head, LOL!

sugarsnappea
11-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Edited to add a question.
Thanks Strollerqueen! Where can I find Alan's contact info- can I email him direct from the Mountain Buggy USA / Sycamore Kids website?I am now sure I want either Grape or Silver. Is the silver very light? Is it so light that my neurotic self will be cleaning the stroller 10x a day? :)

allofakindfamily
11-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Ok - you guys have got me rethinking my choice. I was really thinking lime since I already had the Volo in Marigold and I love the Pistascio on the Quest - I figured they were similar. Now that you say the Orange is so cool I don't know what to do - orange or lime - HELP!!! (this is for an MBUS with a girl BTW)

Heather

PS - I suppose it's too much to hope that that coral color on the website is headed our way

pamela mom of 3
11-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks, oh don't worry it i will for certain be getting if i could get it now i would! It can't come out fast enough for me....

I hate waiting :P

jesseandgrace
11-07-2003, 12:04 PM
If anyone already has the lime or orange, can you post pictures if possible?

strollerqueen
11-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Sure, that's the one. I just go to:

www.mountainbuggyusa.com

Yes, I do think the Silver would show dirt more. And you can probably get the discontinued grape for a better price.

That said, I STILL want Silver, LOL! Well, and CHocolate, AND Orange!

partyof5
11-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Here are two pictures of the MBUS in lime. The first picture was emailed to me by Baby Outfitters and the second one is from the MB Europe website. I hope this works!

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

hipmaman
11-07-2003, 07:23 PM
I would love the orange if it's more a burnt orange shade (no offence to anyone if they prefer the fruity orange shade though). But I wouldn't trade my Chocolate Terrain for anything!!! Love it.

I think I'll take new pictures with my new digital sometime soon.

pamela mom of 3
11-07-2003, 08:00 PM
That looks really good! Yeah i know i'm saying that like i expected the color to not too..honestly i wasn't sure.. but nope it suits it!

It's nice to finally see some color coming out in strollers... :)