PDA

View Full Version : Zippy and Snugride

tbaker018
11-06-2003, 06:32 PM
The 2004 Zippy sounds perfect! I am going to try and find one in my area to "test drive". I want the snugride too. Any suggestions on color combinations to coordinate the zippy and sungride?

brittone2
11-06-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm debating the same thing. We're currently registered for the snugride in saratoga, so the zippy in the solid navy would probably look okay. One of the new zippy colors is khaki w/ blue trim, which I like but I'm not sure what would match it? It all depends on the shades of each color.

The Heatwave pattern and glen plaid look grayish to me online (the snugrides)...I can't remember what they look like IRL since we thought we had settled on the saratoga. If they are grayish, they might work with some of the zippy fabrics.

I'm curious if anyone else has suggestions. This is the big hold up for me right now!! I am ready to order but am still not 100% clear on the fabrics. I contacted zippy by email to see if there were swatches available, etc. but every time I've emailed them I never hear back. Not sure what the problem is?

Good luck!!

Beth

geochick
11-06-2003, 06:58 PM
I just ordered the 2004 Zippy in the PK5 color (charcoal/black/red trim). I bought the SnugRide (8446LDW) in Glen Plaid from Babies R Us (also available at Toys R Us). It's gray and white and has the front adjusting harness straps. I hope this helps.

brittone2
11-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Geochick,
Do you know if the Glen Plaid version is a front adjust model? I'm sure it is but since I haven't looked at it that closely (since we THOUGHT we had settled on the saratoga LOL) but I wanted to make sure.
I'm thinking about that one too...thinking it would match more options in the Zippy. Dh really likes the model you got. I do too...but I still am thinking about the khaki one as well.

Beth

geochick
11-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Beth,
I just pulled my Glen Plaid SnugRide out of the box to double check for you. Yep, it's a front adjust model with a 5-point harness. You can see all of the features at gracobaby.com: http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=8446LDW

The Saratoga is also nice and comes with a cold weather boot. Do you have a Babies R Us near you? They carry both of these carriers. It's hard to tell, but I think the Saratoga fabric would look fine with the Zippy FN6 fabric.

I think I'd get the stroller color you like the best and do your best with the carrier. Remember that your baby will spend much more time in the long run in the Zippy than in the carrier.

Good luck.

brittone2
11-07-2003, 07:21 AM
Thanks Geochick:) I think I may too end up w/ the pk5 and the glen plaid;) Thanks for looking up the info on the snugride in glenplaid...you didn't have to do that!! It is much appreciated though. Dh looked at the colors w/ me and went for the pk5 right away. I just can't pick between teh pk5 and the FN6. My only worry w/ the pk5 is whether it will be too hot in the summer? I guess since the seat is lighter (gray), it shouldn't get too hot. If anything would get hot, it would probably be the canopy, which isn't as bad as the seat. Most of the zippys (and other strollers for that matter!!) have been in darker colors like navy most of the time anyway.

Do you know when yours will arrive? i may order today or over the weekend. DH has given me the official okay to go ahead and spend:)

I still like the FN6 but I agree...it is hard to tell whether it would match the saratoga pattern. SIgh......;) If only I could see them all IRL it would help!

Let me know how you like yours when it gets to you!! Thanks for the advice on the saratoga in glen plaid.

Beth

geochick
11-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Beth, I hadn’t thought about the darker colors heating up more in the summer, but you’re right, look at all of the navy blue Gracos on the streets. Those babies don’t seem to have any kind of major sweating problems in the summer. Just think about it this way, the darker colors will heat up more in the winter and will keep baby that much warmer. I think any color choice will be okay.

I ordered my Zippy from arunningstroller.com. Marilyn said it will ship out of her store this week (I’m hoping it ships today). Marilyn should have her shipment by now, so maybe you should give her a call and discuss the different fabric options as she may be the only person on earth who has seen them IRL. I’ll post again once mine arrives. I wish my baby were here now so that we could take the Zippy for a stroll when it arrives without looking too silly. Maybe I’ll take it to the mall and put the canopy all the way down so that people just think there’s a baby inside. :D

I’ll let you know when it arrives. Good luck with your decision.

brittone2
11-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Yep, I agree, I think the color will be fine:) I actually emailed a lot w/ Marilyn today and she said she was frustrated as well w/ inglesina as she couldn't tell the colors clearly based on the pics she was provided. She opened a bunch up today to help clarify.
THe FN6 is actually an olive green w/ turquoise trim, which surprised me because based on the picctures, I would have never guessed. Marilyn said it was actually very unique looking and quite pretty, but I don't think I want olive, so I'm probably going w/ the Gray/charcoal/red one as well:) She said that one was very nice and the fabric is very soft. I'm also going to buy the Britax galaxy (as our 2nd seat, for use in DH's truck) and she matched a very low price I had come across. I just need to officially place my order now.
I can't wait to hear how you like your zippy!!! keep me posted!!

Beth