PDA

View Full Version : Graco Travel System

tbaker018
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
I have read several "bad" reviews on Graco strollers. However, has anyone seen the Metrolite System in Kingsbury? It is new. It appears they have fixed the basket problem...not being able to get into it when the seat is reclined.

I would love a Zippy or something else, but my DH can't see to spend that much money on a stroller. What are your thoughts on this travel system. We are 1st time parents in need of advice.

jerseygirl07067
11-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Have you checked any of the readers comments on the BRU website? We are in the same predicament as you and DH. We registered for a P3 but if we don't get one we may go with the Snap and Go carrier.

Also, you could call the company and ask them. I know some of the Gracos (the Quattro Tour) now have the drop down basket which is awesome. I know Gracos are supposedly lower end but a lot of my friends have them and really like them!! I actually find them to fold/unfold easier than some of the higher end strollers , plus they have all of the features I like, like a big basket, parent and kid cupholder trays, and a decent canopy with clear window. The only thing is that I find them heavy, except for the Metrolite. I too have steered away from it because of lack of access to the basket. However, if that was updated, I might give the Metrolite a second look. I think BRU has an online only special where you get the Snugride seat, two seat bases, the stroller, and a diaper bag together in the Metrolite Kingsbury.

If you find out anything, let me know!

Mary

susukal
11-08-2003, 06:05 PM
I am actually considering the same travel system (MetroLite in Kingsbury). The reviews I read on the MetroLite are not bad although some parents have had some bad experiences with wheels that fall off and strollers that get stuck (either would not open or would not close), but I heard customer service is awesome. Some parents, despite teh problems they had, are actually happy with their stroller. I thought the stroller was OK, not like other more expensive strollers but I think it will be good enough given our lifestyle (we plan on using the Bjorn) Also, most people who buy a heavy stroller at first end up buying another light weight stroller.

I think I like the MetroLite, it's light, easy to open/close with one hand and while standing up (no need to bend down). big canopy with window, big basket...I think i will go ahead and get it.

Sahar
1st baby edd 1/12

sarsah
11-09-2003, 12:12 AM
My neighbor has a MetroLite stroller, well, actually the travel system and that's the only stroller she's used for two years. The fabric faded from being left in the back of her SUV, so she called Graco and they sent her a brand new one for both the infant seat and the stroller.

I know Graco gets a bad rap sometimes, but I think the Metrolite isn't a bad choice.

Sarah......Mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

tbaker018
11-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Ijust checked at BRU, and they will have new models coming in anyday until Jan. (it depends on the model and style). I love the new print Marta (Metrolite, 15 lbs)...it is light blue plaid with grey. The clerk said all of the new models will have the drop down basket and rubber wheels (not plastic and not inflatable). I looked in a book of new releases at the BRU front desk. They have a list with pictures of all of the new styles. The clerk said the Marta also will have the matching snugride that will be a front-adj. and 5 pt. there are several other prints that will be new soon.

my2boys
11-09-2003, 09:34 PM
I currently have a Graco Quattro tour stroller and loved it for the first 5 months. I like it so much because it has all the features you will need. It has the following:

parent/child's tray
4 different recline positions
nice canopy
fold down basket (great!)
easy one hand fold (awesome)
The fact that you can just snap the car seat onto the stroller for infants is great. However once I started taken my son out of the car seat and using the stroller by itself. That's when I relaized how much of an inconvience it was for me because of the weight of the stroller (25lbs.) to get in and out of my suv.

So beware and make sure you shop around before you buy a heavy stroller. I've seen lots of people use the snap and go and I think it's a great idea. Just make sure the stroller you do decide to buy is lightweight (very important) yet comfortable for baby. I've heard very good reviews about the P3 Pliko. It almost seems that if you do decide on this stroller you'd get your money's worth till at least your child is 3.

I'm in the process of deciding between the Mac Quest and the P3. I'm leaning more and more towards the P3 because I think it would be more comfortable for baby as an everyday stroller. This meaning I would be replacing my Graco for good.

Loved it for the first few months , but I need something lighter.

Good luck! :

Mom of Xavier 4 and Jaden 6months

:) ;-) ;-)

bnme
11-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I have a MetroLite and am not in love with it but I think it is an overall good stroller. The basket was a big issue (bigger than I thought when purchasing) but now that is fixed so its another plus. My biggest gripe is the steering. But I think its a good mall stoller -light but still roomy. Great for the carseat use in the early months.

Even though its light it is a bit wide. But I think it is a good stroller at the cost. You won't feel too guilty if you want to upgrade later -and it will still be a usable stroller. I think I am finally about to purchase a Citilite as my everyday stoller. I still can't see spending more for a Pliko or Zippy, which I was looking into a few months ago.

It really depends how much you think you will be using it and in what conditions (inside/outside etc). I am not heavy stoller user so maybe thats why the steering and durability have not been an issue for me.

jerseygirl07067
11-13-2003, 09:20 PM
I just saw the new travel system at BRU in the Marta print. The fabric is actually a light blue color with a suede type of texture. It retails for $229. The drop down basket is really nice and the wheels are rubber which is pretty cool. The one thing I did notice is that the seat is difficult to remove after being attached to the stroller. The store actually had another one on the floor and I noticed the same thing.

Check it out though, it's not bad for the price, considering you get a car sear with it.

Mary

susukal
11-14-2003, 12:26 PM
>I just saw the new travel system at BRU in the Marta print.
>The fabric is actually a light blue color with a suede type of
>texture. It retails for $229. The drop down basket is really
>nice and the wheels are rubber which is pretty cool. The one
>thing I did notice is that the seat is difficult to remove
>after being attached to the stroller. The store actually had
>another one on the floor and I noticed the same thing.
>
>Check it out though, it's not bad for the price, considering
>you get a car sear with it.
>
>Mary

The car seat is 5 pt. harness and front adj?? does it have head support?

Sahar
1st-time-mom-to-be edd 1/12