PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo or Mountain Buggy??? HELP!!

Verity
11-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Calling all owners of either of the above! We are expecting in Feb and have just embarked on the HUGE task of selecting a buggy! I think we have narrowed it down to the Bugaboo or the Mountain Buggy. We are big walkers - not joggers, have a dog and spend most of our w/ends walking on and off paths, but mainly just on grassy / rocky paths that would get a bit boggy in Winter. I really love the look of the bugaboo but am a bit concerned that it wont be robust enough off road. I know that you can convert it to 2 wheel but realistically i'm not going to do that unless i was in snow! Does anyone use the bugaboo for off roading??
Our other choice would be the mountain buggy urban which looks great but doesn't look quite as cosy and cushioned. Any views would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx Verity!

pamela mom of 3
11-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I cannot really comment on the bugaboo i've never touched one lol ;)

As to the mountain buggy's, i own those and are very fond of them, however they are not "plush" strollers but by adding a sheepskin or snuzzler insert i see them no less so than other strollers after that. I also like the concept of the carrycot although unfortunately when i got my first mb's my kids were too old for this option, i do know tho some say the bassinet is on the smallER side so depends probably on personal choice whether it's worth the cost.

Not sure what i can add for mb info their are alot of thoughts/comments/opinions out there already. My basic thoughts on why i like mine are easy to push on various terrain, high weight limits, simple to fold/set-up and i like the kiddyboard ability also.

I would suggest you try as much as you can in person to see which is the right fit for your family.

GL :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

sntm
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
i love our bugaboo. very stylish (we get stopped all the time or hear hushed whispers about the stroller -- my only brush with celebrity) and very comfortable for DS. i've never seen a MB in real life, though a woman i met at the halloween festivities here is bringing hers over for a side-by-side.

we use ours mostly in the neighborhood which is paved roads and a gravel/grass trail and it handle great on all of those. we've used in once on very uneven ground/terracing at an apple orchard and it wasn't half bad. the suspension is fabulous for that -- DS didn't mind it a bit, but it was moderately difficult to maneuver. all the other strollers were left back at the barn though.

the carrycot is a nice option. think the MB may have one you can get also. DS sleeps in it whenever we travel and we used it on halloween because he had on a bunting with no leg split. heva loves her carseat attachment for it too and it looks fab with the graco snugride in cobalt blue.
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sbaker
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
I have a Bugaboo and have pushed it through grass fields and on gravel paths/roads. It pushes wonderfully through either. It was easier to push it big wheels first through the grass. On gravel it didn't matter which way I had the wheels. I can't speak for how well it will do in snow or ice, however. We live in Texas and don't have much of a winter.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

marinkitty
11-09-2003, 01:39 AM
We too have the Bugaboo and I've used it a lot on gravel paths and grass and it did fine even with the little wheels in front. On muddier trails I needed to put the big wheels in front. Same for packed sand. For deep sand I converted to two wheel. I haven't tried snow yet, but it looks like it won't be long here in Chicago - LOL! In most situations I personally don't think you can beat the ease of handling and versatility of the Bugaboo. Plus, I like the look better than a 3 wheeler, but that is just me.

All that said, I'm not sure how well the Bugaboo would do on rocky paths if they are really bumpy or mucky. I haven't tried it, but suspect if just smallish rocks, it would probably be fine, otherwise you might want all big wheels. I also have an Emma EC Sport and would probably choose to use that if it was going to be really rough or messy even though DD is much more comfy in her Bugaboo.

Holly
Mom to Mia 3/17/03

withnf
11-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Can't comment on the Bugaboo, but we have a MBUS and LOVE it! We are walkers as well, and the sidewalks around here are narrow, cracked, and very bumpy. The MBUS sails over it all. I can't rave enough about the MBUS!

We don't have the fleece insert, but DD has always seemed perfectly comfortable in it. With the insert, the stroller is pretty padded.