PDA

View Full Version : Mac Global

jdryan3
11-11-2003, 06:38 PM
HI! My husband bought a Maclaren global from BabyAge.com. They had a terrific price- $139. My understanding is that it is supposed to recline fully. Ours does not seem to stay in "flat" mode- or lock in- it just kind of stays lose unless you put in in a reclining position, which it locks into. Everything else about it seems great, including that you can use almost any infant seat with this stroller - so it seemed like a good compromise for an infant and for later. Any suggestions? We've tried getting in touch with the company, but their customer service seems to consist of an answering machine! Thanks for any suggestions.

C99
11-11-2003, 08:57 PM
My suggestion is to return it and get something else! I hate this stroller, and everyone I've met IRL with it hates theirs too. It's heavy and the napper bar is too low and the canopy is pretty useless and have I mentioned that it's heavy. I paid $300 for my stroller and am in the midst of drafting a complaint letter to the company; maybe if I had only spent $139, I would be less disgruntled with it. To answer your question, though, my never locked into flat mode either -- the carseat or the weight of the child kept it down.

momma_boo
11-12-2003, 11:40 AM
It doesn't actually "lock" into the flat mode. I did call their customer service and spoke to someone b/c I thought there was something wrong with my stroller. That's just how they did it. It lies flat with the weight of the baby.

We don't hate ours - we've had it since DD was born. I wouldn't say that I love it either. It was a gift and although I drooled over the Bugaboo, I couldn't justify getting another stroller since we only use it on weekends.

I agree that the canopy sucks. In the summer, I would recommend getting an attachable canopy (we got the protect-a-bub from buy buy baby).
It was great when DD was little. She was pretty comfy in it and slept well (still does, actually). The napper bar is low, but I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of it is, so it doesn't bother me (it's actually the perfect height when she wants to prop one leg up and chill out).

Now that she's bigger, I am finding that those side flaps are annoying. Somehow they've ended up being angled slightly inward, so I have to push them out whenever I put DD into the stroller.

It steers great, though. Perfect when you have to hold a door with one hand and push the stroller with the other!