PDA

View Full Version : kolcraft UCSC or Babytrend snap n go - does it come in black?

leslie10
11-12-2003, 09:28 AM
A friend at work came in last week with a Kolcraft BLACK UCSC. She said she bought it used. I can't seem to find any other color but navy blue for either of these strollers. Does anyone know if they come in black? Perhaps they used to and don't make them anymore? thanks!

Leslie
EDD 12/2

aim
11-12-2003, 01:01 PM
I too was looking for a black UCSC, I emailed Kolcraft about 4 months ago and they told me that they stopped making them. However, they gave me the name of a store that might have had them in stock and might be willing to ship. Of course, I cannot find the email now. You could try emailing Kolcraft customer service and ask. Or I have seen them on ebay from time to time (although you really have to want the black because they would be more expensive then a new one)

Good Luck
Amy

nyccindy
11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I've seen a lot of the black ones here in manhattan--maybe try to call one of the big sellers of baby things here (do you live near here?) In manhattan, try Albees on Amsterdam and 95th street (I'm pretty sure they carried them last year), or Planet Kids (one on the upper east side (86th st) and one on the west side (Broadway and 103rd st)) and also maybe the new Buy Buy Baby, somewhere near 23rd street I think. (they all should have internet sites or be listed on the web somewhere so you can get the phone numbers easily--if you can't, post again, and i can look them up for you)
Good Luck!

leslie10
11-13-2003, 03:06 PM
thanks so much! I'll try one of those stores in NYC (I'm in DC, so not very close) or we have a Buy Buy Baby here so maybe they have one.

Leslie

hwin708
11-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen any being sold this year in black. I belive this year's model only comes in blue. Older models, however, came in black. The black ones can pop up time to time on ebay, or at a store liquidatng old stock, like Burlington's Baby Depot. The plus side to these older models is that they still feature the snap-in design, rather than the new style, where the carseat simply rests on the frame and is held only by a strap, which makes many parents nervous.

britchick
11-13-2003, 09:36 PM
it was the one is sacramento,Ca.go to usababy.com,and look for their #.If they cant ship,i might be able to mail you one(you pay shipping cost)just let me know...Rachel [email protected]

acrosen
11-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Leslie,

I'll save you the trip to Buy Buy Baby. I also live in DC area and I was just there the other day and asked the exact same question. They said they only have it in blue. I think at Great Beginning they said the same thing.

Bummer I know. I have an Graco infant seat on loan which is black & white. Oh well. I guess if I get the UCSC the baby might not be as color coordinated...

Good luck!
Ann