PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions for a great "travel stroller". My DD will be 5 months when we first use it (m)

babybabybaby
11-12-2003, 05:38 PM
I live in NYC and already have and LOVE my Bugaboo. But I need something for plane trips. I'm looking for durability, quality and decent price (not another $800 stroller). Thanks.

pamela mom of 3
11-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Depending upon how small you want to go....

Inglesina zippy or swift

Perego pliko/P3

Combi ultra savvy or soho

Maclaren quest, techno, vogue

HTH :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

Tondi G
11-12-2003, 07:04 PM
If you are only going to use it for travel I would suggest the regular Pliko! We have a 2001 model that we love! It has traveled on a plane several times... always gate checked and we haven't had any problems with it! The Pliko handles indoors and outdoors very well.... it isn't all terrain but it does fine on the broken sidewalks here in Los Angeles! It is comfortable for infants and toddlers (our son did not like the sloped seats of Macs and the Pliko was the only stroller he really liked riding in!)... sun hood is Awsome... it is ligherweight but not flimsy feeling at all! I like the fact that is has a bumper bar (some newer ones have a tray too), we bought a snack/toy bar that vecros on that has worked perfectly and it is only 15 bucks. here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007KJOA/qid=1068680677/br=1-18/ref=br_lf_ba_18//104-8687933-2971134?v=glance&s=baby&n=542446

Now that the P3 has come out the regular Pliko style is probably discounted quite a bit!!! We got ours on Ebay for a great price... I'm sure there are some good deals to be had now!

Good Luck... HTH's!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason(2) and #2 edd 6/6/04

chrissyhowie
11-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Here's another suggestion, but from another angle. I live in NYC also and have a Bugaboo too. We have a Sit N' Stroll which is a carseat/stroller.
http://www.safelinekids.com/skprodsns.asp

We baggage check the the Bugaboo so that is the stroller we use at our destination. The Sit N' Stroll is what we use to stroll DD to the gate. We then have a carseat for the plane and at our destination as well. The seatbelt goes over the seat to strap it in, so it is less convenient as an everyday, in-and-out carseat. But since the Sit N' Stroll is a unique combination of carseat and stroller, it works well for us in travel situations. It also works for those times you want to take a taxi somewhere and want to use a carseat for the ride. You stroll down to the sidewalk, hail the cab, and strap your child in.

Just another thought, especially if you don't own a carseat already.

HTH,

mamagoosie
11-13-2003, 11:20 AM
I want to also vote for the sit n' stroll - it's nice not to have to lug around a carseat AND a stroller. The last trip we took, dd fell asleep in the car on the way to the airport (late flight). She went from the car to the plane, off the plane, into the car, home, into the crib. WITHOUT WAKING UP ONCE! Gotta love that. If you don't buy a seat for the baby, you can always gate-check it, but you still have the advantage of having not having to lug around a giant carseat.

Alex

newmomnyc
11-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi! I'm another NYC mom with a Bugaboo (and, by the way, I'm looking to meet other moms here . . . in the past few months, many of my friends have moved out of the country!) Anyhow, I have a Mac Techno, which I like, but if I were to do it again, I'd also consider the Pliko b/c of the bumper bar. However, I'm intrigued by the Sit and Stroll. It sounds great.

Alex, I can't believe your baby slept through the whole trip! On our last two 6 hour flights, our baby slept a TOTAL of 1 hour (20 minutes on one, 40 minutes on the other). It was tough.

babybabybaby
11-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Interesting thought, the sit n stroll, but I want something that I can REALLY use as a stroller for long walks around the town. I am wary of taking the bugaboo cause it is so big-- plus I'll need to bring a pack-n-play and a carseat. It is freaking me out all this stuff. I was thinking maybe the Mac Triumph? I can get a 2003 for $150, which seems decent. Thoughts?