PDA

View Full Version : I want a new stroller!

Melanie
11-13-2003, 03:13 AM
Okay, likely it may not happen, but play with me, will you?

I want 4 air-filled tires, non-jogger, you don't have to take it APART to fold it up, not HORRIBLY-heavy (but I realize it's likely not a lightweight), good for taller parents(not a must, but it'd be nice for 6' Dh), reversible handle(just asking if it exists, probably doesn't), napper bar/snack tray, parent tray...decent canopy...basket...

jesseandgrace
11-13-2003, 09:29 AM
I would check out the Bebecar strollers. I think babyuniverse.com has some styles. They sound close to what you are looking for. Some are really heavy, some are medium. The colors are beautiful. I would love one, but have too many strollers as is.

pamela mom of 3
11-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Also you could look at the perego converse with the velo frame..

http://www.perego.com

:)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

Melanie
11-13-2003, 12:16 PM
I couldn't find one called the 'converse...?'

Melanie
11-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Ooh...I like that one...almost $400 though...ouch.

pamela mom of 3
11-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Here is a better link

http://www.minicircuit.ca/mi00045.htm

Your able to choose the frame you want, since yout after air wheels i suggested the velo.

Sorry that peg site is like a maze x(

Ugh also it is NOT pictured with the velo frame as described that is the caravel frame, the velo is off to the bottom right! Geez....

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

strollerqueen
11-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Yes, I love the Bebecars, too! But they are a little pricy.

In the mid-range price, you might look at the Zooper Walk Air. (sp?). And in a lower price range, Baby Trend makes one, (navigator maybe?)

Don't forget prams! Silver Cross and Emmaljunga are my faves. The old style white tires were not air-filled. But the new black ones are. I have both styles, and I think the white ones work just as well, AND I don't have to worry about flats, or pumping them up.

Melanie
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks SQ!

What about the Bertini M5 Shuttle? I'm seeing quite a few on eBay...

Melanie
11-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Thank you...now I see it!

strollerqueen
11-13-2003, 03:07 PM
I think Bertinis are an acquired taste. Some people love 'em, some people hate 'em. I had trouble maneuvering one, especially backing up. For me, fixed wheels are easier, or 3-wheeler swivels, such as the MB or Kiwi.

kec2003
11-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Okay, your requirements are almost EXACTLY what I want, too -- even the tall handlebar requirement. I would just add that I would want steerable wheels, if at all possible. I looked at the Bertini M5 a lot, but it is very WIDE, so impractical for NYC living.

I loved the Velo/Converse peg idea, and also looked at the BebeCars, but the air tire model is also quite wide. Do the 2004 Zoopers have a 3-wheel swivel or 4-wheel steerable that isn't quite so wide with the higher handles, reversible seat, and air tires? Folding and weight not huge issues -- I have a Volo for trips, etc., although would rather not push 35 pounds PLUS DS if I don't have to do it!

TIA!!

Katharine

MamaKath
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
What about the Teutonia Mistral or Regent (this is one of the Britax Teutonias)? They have either solid pram wheels or air tires (depending on model), napper bar, great canopy, nice basket, height adjustable handle bar (works for very tall parents!) and a REVERSIBLE HANDLE!!! They are on the heavier side as are most of the models when you look at pram types, but very well built. Trays and cupholders are addable. ;-)

HTH

Melanie
11-13-2003, 11:18 PM
a reversible handle? be still my heart!

strollerfreak
11-16-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking Emma EC Sport...if you could find one...I think that would have everything minus the reversible handle/parent tray.

kec2003
11-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Okay, Teutonia would be PERFECT -- if you could just add steering. (Also losing 5 or so pounds would be great -- 32 pounds is a bit much when you put a 28 pound baby on top!)

Sort of kidding when I ask this, but also not: does anyone know what you would have to do to design your own stroller? How would I start? I have an MBA, and would love to start the company -- but what kind of engineers would I have to get?

Katharine

hardysmom
11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
I am seconding the Emmaljunga EC Sport. It would be perfect.

Stephanie

Melanie
11-17-2003, 07:43 PM
ouch - you hit that one on the nail, Ds weighs 28 lbs...that would be pushing and maneuvering 60 pounds!

etwahl
11-17-2003, 07:58 PM
hey melanie. just saw this post and wanted to say that i have the teutonia regent and absolutely love it. is it heavy? yeah, probably but i wouldn't really "know" because i leave it in my garage set up. it's not the kind of stroller you want to lift in and out of your car each day, but as far as pushing it, wowza! it's a DREAM to push for me. and the reversible handle is amazing. my child will not go into a stroller unless looking at me. now we can actually walk. it's so pretty too. i just love it. even my husband says he is grateful for that stroller, and taht's from a guy who really couldn't care less about strollers.

email me if you want more info. good luck btw!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
11-17-2003, 09:39 PM
I have a Teutonia PiXXel, and it is easier to steer than my PP Roma, which weighs about 15lbs less! The PiXXel feels like nothing (well, until I try to lift it into my car) compared to many, much lighter weight strollers!

MamaKath
11-17-2003, 11:31 PM
I agree! FIL took DS for a walk in the Teutonia Mistral today. He loved the reversible handle, and had no problems with the weight or steering. Commented on how nice it was to use, lol. DS is around 28 lbs and I have an easier time pushing him in this than many half the weight- it glides!

Melanie
11-20-2003, 05:11 PM
can anyone point me to a good comparison of the different teutonias? and am I understanding it correctly that some are made by/for britax and some not?

hardysmom
11-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Teutonia marketed and distributed their own strollers until 2003, then Britax bought Teutonia (or at least became the "sister" company) and now markets and distributes all the strollers.

Production has been moved from Germany to Eastern Europe. While some have noticed a decline in quality, the standard was SO high to begin with that they are still among the best strollers you can buy.

Britax's STROLLER customer service leaves something to be desired... Again, it isn't awful if you are patient. It just isn't as good as one would expect for the caliber of product (or given Britax's excellent carseat reputation for that matter)

Keep in mind that all of the full-size Teutonia strollers are very heavy, weighing in between 35-40 lbs and while they can be folded, they are pretty darn awkward to put in a car... I have a Y2K I love, but they are not for the faint of heart.

You should be able to find a comparison chart on the Britaxusa.com site.

By comparison, the Emmaljunga EC Sport weighs about 22 lbs. I have also owned an Emma and thought it was at least as well made as my Teutonias for a fraction of the price.

Stephanie

milesmom
11-21-2003, 06:55 AM
I have a Bertini, not the shuttle the regular one (which is much heavier) and love it. I do switch it to fixed steering when backing up ... I too can't get my mind around backing up otherwise. It's very easy to switch between fixed steering and steer-able ... and I found that eventually I get sick up the non-steerable (not sure that’s a word!) able 3 or 4 wheel strollers ... as the baby / toddler gets older the extra weight requires more work on the pushers part (some times I find it bothering my back and arms).

Good Luck. Michelle (mom to Miles 6/02)