PDA

View Full Version : twin stroller

mickie819
11-15-2003, 11:04 AM
HELP!!!

I have been searching for a twin stroller for a couple of weeks and came across the graco duo rider tandem, vasser. The price is great but terrified that it'll fall apart in a month or two. I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions or concerns. I'm due with the twins in early feb.

Thanks,
Mickie

Mom of mike17, chris13, eric11, kylie16months

hturk
11-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Have you heard back from anyone? I am also pregant with twins and due in late March. I heard that the Mountain Buggy is great and easy to manouver..a little expensive thought, but it is supposed to have good shock absorbant which makes it easy to push even when the babies get heavier..
Hope this helps.
Heather

Tondi G
11-16-2003, 12:03 AM
well the Duo rider seems to be the most common tandem around.... they are all over Disneyland when we go! The one plus to the duo rider will be the fact that you can put two infant car seats on the frame! You would probably be ok with the tandem syle for a while but as the kids get bigger/heavier you will start to dislike your stroller.... it gets harder to steer and then you run into the hair pulling etc.! If you want to look into another tandem that seems to be pretty good check out the Baby Trend Swan Caravan lite... you can buy an additional bar that will accomodate two infant seats... the nice thing about this tandem is that it has a front seat that fully reclines... many tandems don't.... there is a very good chance your twins will want to nap at the same time, just something to keep in mind (check baby universe for this one)! Most people around here prefer the side by side styles. Most common ones would be the Peg Perego Aria Twin, Combi Twin Savvy, Inglesina Twin Jet, Inglesina has also just come out with a Swift twin but I am not sure if it is good for newborns! If you want something to go anywhere look into the Mountain Buggy Urban!

If you want something that will accomodate two infant seats for the beginning check out the Baby Trend Snap and Go for twins... basically a frame that carries two infant seats.... you can use it till the twins outgrow the infant car seats and then buy a side by side that works best for you when the babies are closer to 6 months most likely!!!

Good luck... hope this helps you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason(2) and #2 edd 6/6/04

starrynight
11-17-2003, 11:28 PM
We have a duoglider, we got it in the eurograco coventry print.(sold only at sears from what I've heard) I got it on sale for 99 but I think it generally runs $129. I like it, it is a bit heavy but most doubles are (or at least the ones I tried) It stears pretty good, we use ours for walks outside everyday and in the mall. The front seat partially reclines and will accept and infant seat and the back seat totally reclines and will also take an infant seat. It has cup holders and a good size basket.