PDA

View Full Version : Don't like my bugaboo ... how best do I sell it?

milesmom
11-19-2003, 02:35 PM
I had been talking about getting a bugaboo frog for a couple weeks and my dh surprised me with it. It was very exciting! But guess what, I don't like it (I hope I don't get too much flack for saying that ... it seems to be a very popular pick on this board). I had fully expect to love it, but I find it more (much more) cumbersome than my other strollers. I am embarrassed to say how many I currently own, it's safe to say I am obsessed with finding the perfect stroller. Its new, only been used a five times maybe, the carry cot has never been used and I want to sell. I am not sure the best way to go about it, maybe its eBay but I would love other suggestions.

I would add, I am currently living in Amsterdam but returning to home to the states for the holidays and could bring it with me.

Thanks in advance from a disappointed bugboo owner.
Michelle
(son Miles 6/02)

McQ
11-19-2003, 03:02 PM
So sorry to hear that you don't love your Bugaboo. I love mine. The handling and ease of it outside did it for me. My only compliant other than I haven't figured out to fold it to put in my car is the lack of a full canopy.

If you are interested in selling it then join strollerswap and post it there. It's a yahoo group set up by some moms on this board for the purpose of selling or buying strollers.

HTH,

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Myfourkids
11-19-2003, 03:58 PM
What color is it?

I might be interested. I have been hemming and hawing over buying one. I like the look of it but someone on either this board or another board mentioned that it looks like a wheelchair. I can't get that out of my head! Isn't it silly?:+

Is the only part you do not like is that its cumbersome? Anything else?

Tia,

milesmom
11-20-2003, 06:18 AM
My bugaboo is black. The red ones are everywhere here in Amsterdam so I ruled out that color, the light colored one (I think its sand) bothered me because I did not want to be washing it all time, the new orange is really bright, my dh did not like the maroon for our ds and I did not like the way the navy blue looked with the silver, tan and black that's on all bugaboos ... and I figure you can never go wrong with black. All of that in case you are wondering how I settled on my color!

As I mentioned, it's has been outside maybe 5 times (using the seat), so it very, very new. The carry cot and mosquito netting has never been used (still in the packages). It has the stroller clips so you can attach shopping bags, etc. I could send you pictures of my actual bugaboo if you are really interested. I am not including them now because they require my husband to get the stroller out the attic.

It terms of it looking like a wheelchair, maybe to some, I don’t think I see it but then again I have seen some crazy looking strollers over here. I will tell you the frog suspension really does work, it’s pretty amazing. It easily maneuvers into small spaces, etc. I am sure you have read/heard all the positives.

Now for the downside, which maybe somewhat unique to me: the collapsing in two pieces is cumbersome for me because I need to unclaspe / collapse it every time I use given my apartment here (everything is so much smaller ), I don’t have the space to leave it open. With two adults it’s no big deal (someone to keep an eye on ds and someone to take care of the stroller), but alone needing to do it several times a day it drove me crazy after a couple days. I have had to resort my Mac Techno.

It was purchased in Amsterdam in late September. I had been holding onto thinking/hoping my opinion would change but it hasn’t … it just sits in the attic which is why I decided to try and sell it. I am returning to the US Dec. 13th, we have a home in Chicago as well, I would bring it then if you want it.

Michelle

PS … whether you buy my bugaboo or another, as a mother of 4 you may like to know I see them all the time with buggy board attached to the back for a second child, it seems to work well.

milesmom
11-20-2003, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the info regarding strollerswap, I will check it out.

JustMare
11-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Michelle,

I just wanted to say that your not the only person who doesn't love the Bugaboo. I'm not fond of it either.

My DH really wanted one and actually talked my MIL into purchasing one for us. But after playing with it a hundred times in the store, I realized it just wasn't for me. I too, didn't like the 2 piece fold and found it to be cumbersome.

Here in NYC they are just as popular as in Amsterdam. Every block you see a few of them. To me, they're just nothing special anymore.

It is a wonderfully engineered stroller, IF you like it.

jgsrun
11-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey there, fancy seeing you here......it's Julie, Crossen's mom. I've been wondering how you guys are doing! Email me at [email protected] if you want to chat. I have no advice about how to get rid of your stroller but I'm so bummed that you don't like it. I've been hanging around here searching for the perfect double and I'm anxiously waiting for my MBUD to arrive.

It's good to "see" you and I hope you're loving Amsterdam.

Julie