PDA

View Full Version : PP P3 vs Zippy or ???...some questions...are there some answers?

RSMBob
11-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Well, baby #2 (Brenna Lynn 11/4/03 8 lbs 20 in) is here and I am having major flashbacks to 4 1/2 years ago when Steven was born...including returning here!

Fortunately, we have most things we need including a Snap-N-Go to use as a stroller for now (man, the Evenflo Travel system stroller just didn't hold up well and we've been through a couple since) but the wife really wants one NICE all-purpose stroller to use once Brenna gets out of the infant seat. Her co-wokers are throwing her a shower and want to buy a nice gift so here's our chance!

We're both large-framed (I'm 6' and Kathe is 5'10") so having a stroller with good handle height is important/ We want something durable and moderately lightweight but not featherweight. Easy folding is nice but not top priority since it will mainly ride open in the back of the van when not being used. It is not a priority that the stroller hold the infant seat (the Snap-N-Go should suffice)...this stroller will be for once Brenna grows out of the infant seat.

We got a good look at the PP Plika and the P3 yesterday and liked both of them. While not worth $100 difference (IMHO) the P3 is preferred as my wife likes the better handle and the snack tray. I have also been reading about the Ingesina Zippy and it sounds promising, though I don't know if I will get a chance to see it in person. I like that it folds easily (I could never get our last stroller closed right!) but have concerns about the height of the handles and them not being adjustable. Also the lack of a snack tray concerns my wife.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas are appreciated. Also some questions...
- What are the differences between the 2003 and 2004 P3's and Zippy's?
- Is Martinelli anything more than a luxury fabric version of the PP Plika nd P3's?
- I know the P3 has a back foot bar where a toddler could stand and ride along...is this what is was designed for and if so, what are the weight limitations?
- Speaking of weight...do I understand correctly that the P3 has a 45 lb limit and the Zippy as only a 35 lb limit? If so, that could be a deciding factor.
- Any other models that we should seriously consider?

Thanx for reading and any and all advice!
Bob

momathome
11-21-2003, 08:57 PM
We have the P3 and we love it! I will answer as many questions as I can about this particular stroller but someone else will have to give you the low down on the Zippy!
-Martinelli strollers are no different than the regular Pegs, Just nicer fabric and in some cases a boot.
-The footboard on the back is designed for an older child to ride on - We have been using this for my older daughter staring when she was 4 years-old and at 5 and a half, she still uses it regularly now. It is my understanding that Peg has stated that there are no official weight limits on their strollers. If a child fits, that you can use it.
Also, my dh is 6' tall and has no trouble pushing our P3 - we have a Maclaren, too, but he prefers the P3. The toddler footboard has also been invaluable to us. We are on the go alot and it is so nice for my dd to hop on when she gets tired - it certainly cuts out a lot of whining! We had a pliko before the P3 and we loved that, too. These are truly fantastic strollers. Good luck and congratulations on little Brenna!
-Lauren