PDA

View Full Version : How to use the bugaboo rain cover?

LittlePrince_Mom
11-24-2003, 03:17 AM
I've gone through all the instruction booklets and I can't seem to find the instructions for the rain cover?! I found instructions for everything from the parasol to the bag (why does a bag need instructions?) but not for the rain cover. I've tried putting it on on my own, and it's not exactly intuitive. Does anyone know where the instructions are hiding? Did I throw them out by mistake? Do they not exist in the first place? If anyone can try to explain to me how to put the cover on, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the carrycot now, but probably soon to switch over. Thanks in advance

-E

Debtex
11-24-2003, 03:39 PM
It's not lost, it doesn't really exist. Our booklet only made some brief reference to putting it on over the sunshade. But I spent a bit of time on it and have figured it out...it really shouldn't be this complicated!

Pull the sunshade down all the way, and put the rain cover on over it with the black part near the foot end and the other end hooked over the frame on the top. There should be a seam in the rain cover running along each rib of the sunshade. hook the elastic over the foot part, and pull the plastic over the frame of the seat (it's really tight the first time around, but it loosens up after a while.)

I've attached a picture of ours, with the fabric off the sunshade (DS likes to see out, and we don't really need it on this time of year.)

HTH,
Deb

newmomnyc
11-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Wow, mine doesn't look like that. There are seams, but they're not black and yours look rigid-- if I don't have the sunshade down, the rain cover is loose on top of my baby. I wonder if there is something wrong with mine, or if it was improved after I got mine?

tribecamom
11-24-2003, 06:12 PM
on and down, with no fabric on it--the sunshade provides the support (and the black ribbing) for the raincover

newmomnyc
11-24-2003, 06:21 PM
OK, now I feel really dumb. What do you mean that the sunshade is on and down? Isn't the sunshade the red canopy? I'm somewhat lost here. Please help this clueless mom!

newmomnyc
11-24-2003, 06:23 PM
OK, I think I get it. I didn't realize she'd taken the sunshade fabric off. Sorry!

LittlePrince_Mom
11-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Wow Deb,
you make it look easy :) Thanks so much for the great explanation and picture too! I'll try it again today.

-E

Debtex
11-25-2003, 04:40 PM
I forgot to mention, I also took the black rib out of the rain cover itself, since it didn't seem to provide much for us (DS's feet don't go down there anyway) and then I can wad it up and stick it in the bag.

Deb