PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Pliko P3

PattiB
11-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Recently received this stroller as a gift and I'm a complete baby novice - we're having our first soon and I don't think I've ever used a stroller before in my life - so I have some pretty dumb questions about this one:
-- it seems to fold fairly easily but am I right in thinking that you can't fold it with the canopy on? It seems like such a pain to undo the stroller, add the canopy and the snack tray every time you take it out of the car. But maybe this is to be expected - I just don't know.

-- and where does everyone keep all these accessories? We'll probably use the stroller mainly after transporting it in the car so do people just keep the canopy, tray and anything else in their car at all times and then just reassemble when you get to the destination?

-- can this stroller be used for infants? I already have two car seats (not Peg Perego) so I'm not going to buy the type that can be used with this stroller as well. But can you use the stroller in a reclining position for infants?

Again it seems to be a nice lightweight stroller but the directions are pretty minimal so I have all these basic questions left unanswered.

Thanks

lukkykatt
11-24-2003, 02:24 PM
You fold it with the canopy and snack tray in place. Just have the canopy fully upright when you fold. I don't think many of us would be enjoying this stroller if we had to take it apart every time, LOL!

I have never fully reclined my stroller, but I am fairly sure that the recline is flat enough that an infant can be in it.

sunny2003
11-24-2003, 02:28 PM
I have put my Graco infant seat in the P3 - does not hook on but I have put a bungee cord around the seat to secure it - seems to work well like that.

HTH!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

chanamelia
11-25-2003, 01:03 PM
I am wondering is it secure without the strap? Thanks.

Momof3Labs
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
It is secure as long as the stroller doesn't tip over or flip forward. It does not slide around and won't slide out, but could fall out if you tip the stroller.

kapow
11-28-2003, 09:18 AM
I have the P3 and it folds up with the canopy, snack tray, and rain cover in place. I need two hands to close it but one hand to open it - if someone has a one handed trick to close it please share! Also, I've used it with Ian since he was born. It reclines flat and I used a Snuzzler to support him.

After six months my few complaints are:

-- The weeny drink holder isn't made to hold a tall drink, e.g. a water bottle. I wish it were lower.

-- The front wheels need to be locked in place in order for it to stand up when folded. It makes engineering sense, I guess, but I just wish that step could be eliminated.

-- I would have loved to have a reversible seat so I could have had Ian face me when he was a newborn. He loves to look out now so I would have only used that feature a short while.

I'm pretty rough on it (filling the basket up with heavy groceries while dragging it up and down seven concrete steps to my front door) and it's holding up nicely. I hope to never buy another all-purpose stroller again, so this one needs to last me a long time.

votre_ami03
12-02-2003, 04:57 PM
If you figured out to fold/unfold this stroller easily & you are a novice you are doing great! *lol* I had a heck of a time in the beginning. :)

As the other mom's mentioned, you leave the canopy, cup holder & napper bar in place to fold. Make sure though that you don't have the canopy "locked" when you do it.

I have been using this stroller since day one w/my son, 4+ mos. It works well for a NB baby & the recline is just fine. I rarely saw the need to move Nolan's infant seat into the stoller, occasionally when I did yardwork. His Snugride fit perfectly inside, but we didn't travel w/it, just parked in the yard.

PS. I love my P3! It's a great stroller.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03