PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Aria

susukal
11-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Peg Perego Aria (9lb). I am thinking of getting one for my baby ed 1/12. I looked at the Atlantico Sportivo, it is much bigger and also a lot heavier (18lb). How light do I need the stroller to be? has anyone tried either? any opinions or recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sahar - 1st baby edd 1/12

jerseygirl07067
11-25-2003, 01:37 PM
I too loved this stroller at the store. It is so easy to fold and so lightweight. As far as I have heard on the board, it does not have a full recline and some people don't feel it gives as good of a ride outside on the sidewalk as the Peg P3. It does have smaller wheels so I think that may contribute to that.

I would also like to hear any other experiences. I saw a parent at BRU that has one and LOVES it - but I did take it off my registry and decided to go (probably) with a P3 instead. It was a bit heavier 15-16 lbs but is more versatile from newborn to toddler.

Mary

Momof3Labs
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
We have an Aria but never use it - Colin hates it. The sunshade is virtually useless, there is very little padding, limited recline positions, and no footrest (so their legs just hang down). It is not a very good stroller for a newborn, IMO. But a walking toddler might be fine in it.

Will you have to carry the stroller up and down stairs much, with the baby in your arms? Or on public transportation? If not, then the weight won't make much of a difference IMO - as long as the stroller is lighter than Colin, it doesn't bother me in the least. And your baby will be 18lbs in no time flat, so you will quickly get used to lifting that weight.

pganju
11-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Hi,
I just ordered my aria for my baby due 12/16. I debated between the pliko, combi ultra savvy and the aria for a long time. Weight was an important factor for me because I have a bad back. I have found that there is no perfect stroller, but the aria won because of ease of folding, weight and ability to carry a graco snug ride car seat. Good luck with your stroller search.
priya

jerseygirl07067
11-27-2003, 02:18 AM
How did you fit the Graco carseat in the Aria? Did it just snug in there like it does in the P3? Just curious as I will be using a Graco car seat as well.

Mary

Amy IN Fl
11-27-2003, 02:30 AM
I have owned an Aria for a year or so and love it. I've done the big, fat, padded stroller thing, and it was so bulky and difficult to deal with. My Aria does fully recline, and it is so lightweight and easy to travel with, especially in the big cities. Does not take up much room in the trunk, either. It's been a godsend being pregnant with my second, as I don't think I could have dealt with a big ol' stroller this last trimester. This is definitely a great stroller if you travel by airplane, etc. a lot. Easy to manuever and open/close fast. I love mine, and I am thinking of gettng the Aria Twin now.

Amy

marybliss
11-27-2003, 07:19 PM
Mary...

I was able to put a Snugride into an Aria by "clicking" the red anchors onto the tray. You have to bend down and actually "click" them onto the tray (took 2 seconds). When I lifted up the car seat, the stroller came up with it, so it seemed very secure. Even without clicking the seat onto the tray, the car seat sits very snug into the Aria's seat. I understand the Aria is only "supposed: to take Peg seats, but the Snugride fit pretty secure for me.

HTH..

Mary

jerseygirl07067
11-28-2003, 01:42 AM
How well does it maneuver outside and hold up on the sidewalk? Also, do you know the weight limit? I thought it was about 45 lbs.

Thanks,
Mary

Momof3Labs
11-28-2003, 07:55 PM
The Aria is really only for very smooth (usually indoor) surfaces. The weight limit is 45 lbs.

susukal
12-01-2003, 01:40 PM
what about taking the stroller into/out of the car...weight does not matter either? 18lb is not too heavy?

BTW, i was able to fit the snugride in the perego atlantico sportivo as well, it clicked on the tray and seemed very secure...

Sahar

Momof3Labs
12-01-2003, 03:42 PM
It doesn't bother me to take an 18 lb stroller in and out of my car (my main stroller for all trips - short and long - is 18-19 lbs, and we live in a suburb where everyone drives everywhere). I'm lifting my 21 lb son all the time, so 18 lbs is nothing. And I have a history of back problems!

Now, I wouldn't want to lift my 32+ lb PiXXel in and out of the car all the time. That fails my baby weight test - since the stroller weigh significantly more than my child (and probably will for another year or so), I consider it to be too heavy to lift all the time, and it sits open in the garage for our neighborhood walks.

gisele
12-02-2003, 06:59 PM
I have both the Atlantico and the Aria.

I use the Atlantico as my primary stroller. It is not too heavy for me to take in and out of the car. I am 5' 2", 110 pounds. I love this stroller, and it is great on all terrain. It is great outside on pavement, city streets, grass, and rocky trails. I would use this stroller for a newborn.

My son is now 7 months old. I used Aria recently for travel because it is small and we really had to pack the car. We used it for visiting relatives via car. It is good for smooth surfaces (short trips in the store, restaurants, etc.). However, I wouldn't have it as my primary stroller. While the Aria is nice, it isn't as stable as my Atlantico. I plan to fly to Manhattan for the holidays, and plan to take the Atlantico for the city streets.

Which one you pick depends on how you plan to use it most...