PDA

View Full Version : Jogging stroller where baby faces you?

yellowdogmom
11-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Hello all,

I've done a search (and read my BB book) and have found only one jogging stroller where the seat can be converted to either face forward or face the jogging parent - the Safety 1st Two Ways Jogger. Anyone have any experience with this one or know of any others out there? I swear I've seen one on the road that was red (I think) and had a bigger canopy than the Safety 1st.

I like the idea of looking at my little person while I run (at least until he/she gets bored just loooking at me huffing and puffing!)

TIA!

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea

proudnewmama2002
11-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I don't know anything about this stroller, but it looks pretty neat:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=16765&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=16765&change=117

It's called the Freedom Trail Jogging Stroller. If you click on "detail view" it will show you pics of the stroller including with the bassinette feature. You have to be careful about using a jogging stroller with a baby under 6 months old. This one says it's ok. I'll defer to those with experience! Good luck with your new arrival!

kec2003
11-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi Kristin --

I have a Safety 1st 2 ways jogging stroller, and I have generally been pretty satisfied with it, especially for the price. I bought it specifically because of the ability to face my son towards me while running, which really comes in handy when you need to jog and entertain someone at the same time!

That said, it is pretty heavy, the canopy isn't the greatest (I just end up adjusting it a lot). My husband LOVES the odometer/timer feature, and the cupholder/keyholder tray is just great. I keep teething biscuits and sippy cup close at hand! The underseat storage has a thoughtful zipper, too.

If I had to do it again, though, I might go with a Dreamer Design -- lighter, comfier seat, awesome canopy -- or with a Zooper, I think there is a stroller that you can reverse the seat. If you can wait, I would wait until January to see the line of 2004 Zoopers, apparently they have all been revamped to include optional swiveling wheels, big canopies, and, the ultimate, reversible seats!

HTH,

Katharine

yellowdogmom
11-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the info ladies!

Katharine - I think I might take your advice and see what 2004 has in store, otherwise the Safety 1st is looking like it will suit our needs.

Thanks again!
Kristin

kec2003
12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Kristin --

Just FYI, I emailed Zooper when they would have info up on their website about the new line. (I am really quite hopeful I will love one of the new ones after StrollerQueen's review of them). The info will be up on their site mid-January, and the strollers will hit the stores in the beginning of February. Only eight weeks away, I suppose, but I have that urge to buy & it is so hard to wait!

Katharine