PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger 2/3 or BOB SUV jogging stroller???

bubbaray
11-28-2003, 12:52 PM
DH and I are looking for a jogging stroller for our first child, due April '04. We are quite athletic and this stroller will be used for long runs on pavement and also on trails (like mountain biking trails).

He likes the look of the BOB, but I like the weight of the BJ 3. Ease of folding is also crucial.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Melissa

milesmom
11-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Have you pushed them both? We did and found we like the baby joogger a lot better, its just seemed a lot easier to push, smoother, it glided a along. I also did not like the postion of the BOB handle, I can't remember why now, but I know I did not find it comfortable. I had thought that there was a better joggering stroller than baby jogger but I am not convinced there's not. I also like it for the grocery store, etc. lots of storage space. It's a great stroller!

One more thought ... maybe this is something you want to buy after the baby arrives, see what's new for 2004, find out what you like and dislike about your everyday stroller since you most likely won't be putting a newborn in a jogger stroller (unless you do the car seat adaptor thing ... but you still can't "jog" with him/her).

Good Luck.
Michelle (mom to Miles 6/02)

julierobin
11-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Hello --
You will probably get a lot of different opinions. The best thing for you to do is try out as many as you can and stick with what feels right (and gets decent reviews). DH and I have the BOB and love it (he will be using it to train for his 10th marathon). We researched, went out and tried out as many as we could and that is what we ended up with. I do agree with Michelle's post that you might want to buy after baby is born. She is right that you can't jog with the infant. The BOB has a reclining seat so a small infant (6 weeks old I think) can be put it in, but only for walking.

BTW we bought our stroller at REI for $235 I think. They have strollers assembled at the store for you to try out.

Good luck!

Julie, Mommy to Ben 8/7/03