PDA

View Full Version : Send it back to Maclaren or live with it?

bethwl
04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't know what to do with my Volo. This is my car trunk and airplane stroller. After only a few weeks of use, the outer front wheels weren't turning. So if I watch the stroller going along the ground I can see that only the inner wheels are turning and the outer ones are not touching the ground. So far this doesn't seem to prevent the stroller from functioning, but it's driving me nuts. Will it be a problem in the future, I wonder, but moreso, I'm just annoyed that I used it for a few weeks and this happens. I emailed Maclaren and was told that hanging things from the bar or placing heavy items on it could damage the alignment, but this stroller was weeks old when I first noticed it (now only about 6 weeks). They said they would pay for me to ship it to them and then they would give me an estimate on repairs that I could pay for. This doesn't thrill me, as I'd like to pay neither for shipping nor for the repair of weeks-old stroller. Anyway, I mostly wanted to vent and ask if anyone else ever had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?

thanks-Beth

kijip
04-11-2004, 03:48 AM
Can you return it to the store/retailer? Let them deal with Maclaren's lousy custiomer service! I have no idea why Mac would try and charge you...they repaired my Mac3 for free (if you ignore the time expense and loss of stroller use as a cost!).

I resolved my Volo problems by taking the mess back to BRU. My dealings with Mac on my Mac3 were less than prompt or easy. I say return it if at all possible. Maybe the exchange will get you a working Volo.

ShayleighCarsensMom
04-11-2004, 11:37 AM
If your stroller is less than a year old it should be covered under warranty...
I would try and take it back to the retailer, it thats not possible, then deal with mac, but be very firm and clear that you are not paying and that it is warranty work.
If you dont like what they have to say, ask to speak to someone else.
I've found that to be a major hassle, but it works well in the long run.
Good luck!!!!!!!

shishamo
04-11-2004, 04:29 PM
I had the exact same problem with my Volo. However, since I bought mine used it was not under warranty, so I tried to fix it myself by sort of pushing down the outer wheel/pulling up the inner wheel. it's fine now, and I did not use a lot of force and took me just a few minutes.

bethwl
04-11-2004, 11:19 PM
thanks for the feedback. I, too, bought mine used (or rather, from someone who never used it themselves). It's turning out to be less of a deal than I thought it was, I guess. I might try bending the wheels as you said. I thought about it, but was afraid of breaking them. The stroller was purchased by the woman I bought it from less than a year ago, though, so maybe I will try again with Maclaren.

thanks--
Beth