PDA

View Full Version : Basket woes

paulboeck
04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
So can those of you who use a stroller with a fairly inaccessible or small basked tell me how big of an inconvenience it really is?

What work-arounds have you come up with?

My wife and I really like the Zippy, but are worried that the way the basket is set up will become a problem if we're carrying much stuff at all.

Thanks,

Paul

nitaghei
04-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Honestly, I have no need for a huge basket. We have a Pliko - which also has a small basket, but it's been more than enough for us. There's enough space for a few shopping bags, which is more than adequate for us. We really aren't into mall-crawling and go shopping only if we HAVE to. I don't mind accessing it from the side (not sure how the Zippy works). Also, the Pliko is sturdy enough that I can just hang the diaper bag from the handles. When we're indoors, I just tuck DS's coat or blanket into the canopy. In over a year, I haven't once thought or wished for a larger basket. YMMV, of course!

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

stillplayswithbarbies
04-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I have a Teutonia Toni which doesn't have a basket at all. I thought I would miss it, coming from a Kolcraft UCSC, but I don't. I just hang things from the handles and it works out fine.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommieo5
04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Id have to agree with the others I have been" driving" macs and pegs for the past few years both with small baskets and I don't miis a large basket at all I do hang things from the handles including my diaper bag ( though I don't advise hanging too much off a mac LOL) ggod luck with your choice laurie

AvasMama
04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
We have a Bugaboo and I rarely use the basket as it's fairly inaccessible with the infant seat on the frame and pretty small anyway. I have never used another stroller, so maybe I don't know what I am missing, but the lack of basket space has never bothered me!

Robyn & Ava (1-15-04)

egoldber
04-12-2004, 09:53 PM
The basket on the Zippy/Pliko style strollers isn't what I would call small. You can get a surprising amount in there, and the best access is from the side.

But that being said, I also usually seldom use the stroller basket except for jackets in the winter time. I hang my bag from the handles and also any shopping purhases from the handles as well.

HTH,

DeborahM
04-12-2004, 11:56 PM
I have a Mac- I stick jackets and small bags in the basket of the stroller. I bought hooks at Babies R Us for under $5 that I use to hang bags & diaper bags off the handles. I also have a mesh stoller bag on the back, as well. Or, if my toddler is walking or being carried, then I put stuff in the seat of the stoller.

I don't have any experience with other strollers, but the only thing I have to do w/ my Mac is watch the weight -- if I have a diaper bag hanging on the back of the stroller, I have to take it off before my son gets out, otherwise the stoller will tip over with an empty seat.

paulboeck
04-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks all for your responses. It helps to solidify our choice. I think we'll probably go for the Zippy now! Yipee!!