PDA

View Full Version : Zippy vs. Combi strollers

maddiesmom
04-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Has anyone specifically compared Ingelsina's Zippy stroller with either Combi's PM Savona or Combi's ultra PM? I am looking for a reasonably lightweight, easy to fold stroller. I like the features of these strollers as described on the internet, but would love any personal recommendations that anyone could make, as there is no retatiler in my area that carries these strollers.

mmaimp
04-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Welcome to BBB.

I have a Combi Ultra and love it for mall walking and short indoor trips. The padding is not as plush as a Zippy. I'm now looking to add to my small stroller collection and a Zippy is at the top of my list. I want a stroller that is easier to fold has more padding and is good for outside walks.

We are going to Disney this summer and need a stroller that is more durable. DS may be riding for long periods, indoors and out and the stroller needs to be easy to get on and off a bus. I also love that the Zippy is a one-hand fold and can stand on its own.

I will keep the Combi as my main stroller but use the new one for trips with DH and vacations. The Combi is definitely a two-hand fold but it is nice and light. DS likes to stroll in it and I now have room in my trunk. My first stroller was a Graco that took up the whole trunk. I went with a Combi for the weight and how small it is when folded. I did not realize that it is not a great stroller for outside. I now use my Graco for neighborhood walks but will not lug that monster to Disney.

Sorry this is so long but hopefully it is helpful.

Momof3Labs
04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
IMO, the Combi is an "acquired" feel. You either love it or, well, don't love it. I thought that the Combis felt wobbly (their lightweight frames are built with some flex in them) but many people are happy with them. I've only tried a Zippy once, but it felt much more solid and sturdy.

hubie
04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
zippy feels more solid/stable and closes easier. It also takes any infant seat where some of the the combis only take combis. Some of the combis seem nicer than others-depends on what you look for. Combis are less $ in general.The basket on the zippy is front access only and it does have nicer padding in the seat. The combi tetra and savona baskets are bigger than the ultra savy models.