PDA

View Full Version : Zydeco, Boogie, or Jazz?

bethwl
04-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Ok, I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide which jogging/all-terrain type stroller to consider. I am drawn to the Zoopers because they look nice and cushy, the reversible seat on the Zydeco and Boogie, and the swivel/lock front wheel. But I'm wondering a few things:

The main difference between the Zydeco and the Boogie seems to be that the Zydeco has a "suspension seat." What is this exactly and why do I want to pay $70 more for it?

Is the reversible seat all that great of a feature? 'Cause if it's not, I should just get the Jazz right? My daughter is already 8 months old, but we do plan on having another.

Is it impossible to fit these things in any stores at all? I mostly want this as a long walks stroller, but I like to take long, wandering walks where I sometimes poke into shops, too.

Weight is not too much of an issue, as we will leave it in the basement of our building (we live on the third floor). It needs to fold up, but not super-compact. We would rarely take it in the car anywhere. So, which Zooper would you all recommend, or would you suggest a different stroller altogether? (Sometimes I think having all these choices is bad.)

Thanks,
Beth

JJ2
04-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Beth:

I think there is one more main difference between Zydeco and Boogie which is something called Cozy Toes. It is a system that comes with Zydeco while Boogie just comes with a Boot. On Zooper's website they say to think of Cozy Toes as a mini sleeping bag - cozy fabric seat pad goes on top of the seat fabric for extra comfort and it includes a zip on boot to keep baby warmer in cold weather. I'm in Canada so that is a plus for me.

I think the reversible seat is a great feature especially if you are planning on another baby. My first stroller with my daughter was only outfacing and I must say there were lots of times the wind or sun was in her eyes that I'd have liked to be able to turn her around. Or just if they are having a bad day and want to see Mom or Dad.

I'm considering either the Zydeco or the Boogie too. Hope to see them IRL in the next week or two so I can see if they are narrow enough to get into shops with.

JJ (first post!)

Mom to Emma 5 1/2 yrs
Due with #2 girl June 28/04

octmom
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
I am thinking about one of these strollers too and am anxious to hear/ read IRL reviews. And thank you for the Cozy Toes explanation. I've been wondering what about the differences between that and a boot.

Please do post your impressions if you are able to see them in person. None of the shops near my home carry Zoopers, so I've got to take a drive to test one out.

Jerilyn

October Mom

DS: Sean, 10/29/03

bethwl
04-16-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks for the info. I kept seeing "cozy toes," but didn't know what it meant. I just ordered a Bundle Me Big, though, for next fall/winter, so maybe I wouldn't need that. I am going to try to make it to the stores that carry them in Chicago soon. But I'm also trying to hold off so that if I do buy this I can get it to go on the next credit card statement!

hubie
04-16-2004, 11:19 PM
The new boogie/jazz and zydeco are due in chicago store in the next few weeks per zooper and a few of the chi stores themselves. The zydeco weighs 31 ils and the Jazz only 25lbs. There is a comparison chart on their website. The jazz has a nice basket but no reverse as you said. I saw the 03 version of the zydeco it is big.

bethwl
04-18-2004, 12:28 AM
thanks-I should call Madison and Friends before heading down there to make sure they have it in.

montessorimomof2
04-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Have you thought about the E3? I really went around in circles, E3, MBUS, new Zooper, or Quinny. We decided on the E3 because it was the most narrow of all the choices, only 24" at it's widest point. I think the Zoopers are 26" and the MBUS and Quinny are 27" wide. I had wrestled with big strollers in the past and really wanted to be able to go anywhere with this one. I have found it's manuverability and narrow frame to be great in the wide open or tight spots. Also, I love the convert to double feature if we decide to have another baby.

The downside to the E3 is definately the lack of luxury features, such as plush fabrics, reversible seat, many reclines. We have added a few accessories to make it cushier, but it doesn't compare to zooper in that aspect. Then again, it's smaller and weighs only 21 lbs., so it's all a tradeoff I guess. Overall we are really happy with ours, it's become our workhorse stroller.

My .02 - Stacey.

bugglemom
04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Do you think your E3 would be good for a large baby? My little guy is only 9 months old but he's the 95% for both height and weight. He'll fit anythign now but I don't want to buy soemhting he grows out of very quickly. I can't see the E3 in real life but it does seem that the cockpit is smaller than a lot of the other 3 wheelers. Should I be concerned?

bethwl
04-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Yes, I've been intrigued by the E3, but as another said, I really want to be able to see it IRL before purchasing, so that's a big drawback for me. I think I'll go look at the Zooper before thinking much more about it. But I'll look into the Quinny, haven't really heard about that one. thanks!

montessorimomof2
04-19-2004, 09:31 AM
It is more narrow than the others, but my nephew who is in the 90th percentile fits fine, actually, when he won't take a nap here, I push him around in it till he falls asleep. My 6 y.o. dd fits fairly well also, but she's pretty thin.

If you look up MamaKath's posts, go to her website. She did a comparision of the E3 to the older, wider kiwi with some great pics and a write-up. That might help you decide.

Also, I live in Crystal Lake, NW of Chicago. You would be welcome to come take a test drive with our E3.

Stacey.

bethwl
04-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the offer!