PDA

View Full Version : 2004 COMBI SAVONA VS 2004 PEG ARIA LB

Buzymommy5
04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Narrowed down my choices for a lightweight stroller down to two. I just purchased a Zooper Swing for outdoor activities and now I want a stroller for quick trips to mall, restaurants, etc. I've done my reseatch and do not want a Maclaren, Zippy, or Chicco. I've been happy with Combis and Aprica's but never had a Perego. I hear so many great reviews about this brand. Haven't heard much reviews about the 2004 ARIA LB or SAVONA TS. IMO, they are so close in comparison in weight, fold up, basket, etc. Can anyone tell me their experiences with these 2004 models?

ARIA QUESTIONS:

1) Does the tinted window on back of canopy affect a sleepy child due
sun. (We live in Hawaii)

2) How does the child's tray swing open without removing entire bar.
(ie. for diaper changes)

3) Is it true that the Black Sable/Xplorer fabric is hot for child.
If not, does anyone recommend the Xplorer or Metropolis fabric
for humid climate.

4) What are main advantages/disadvantages in the harness belt?

SAVONA QUESTIONS:

1) Does child really slump in chair and is it really a problem?

2) Is seat deep enough?

3) Does Black Licorice fabric really cause child to slip in chair?

Mahalo:)
Mommy Josh 8...Noah 7...baby due in June

jimnyo
10-09-2004, 11:49 PM
hi,
i live in hawaii too and i'm looking at exactly these two strollers. did you ever come to a decision? i'd love to hear any input you have. mahalo!

Buzymommy5
10-10-2004, 05:44 PM
hi...or should i say howzit?:) well, i ended up buying the combi savona and love it! can't compare the two but i love the easy fold...better than the double fold on the ultra savvy which is similar but not as good as the apricas. brought it to disneyland and it worked great!

didnt hear enough positive reviews on the aria to purchase it. had combis before, so i knew what i was getting. either way, i liked the look of the black licorice fabric so much that i originally just bought the ultra combi. when i found out they also made the savona in black licorice, i returned my stroller because the ultra was not compact enough for me... bulky when folded and heavier. plus, the savona had almost the same if not better features,imo, and was $150 less! the fabric texture is also nice...stays cool in humid weather.

if your in honolulu, go to baby emporium on cooke st. they have the best prices on the islands and the owner says he could provide faster services if you have any problems on your combi since he deals directly with the company in japan.

if you haven't already done so, check out target...they have a good selection of most of the combi models...almost half the price of hawaii rates. i purchased a combi savvy for only $89 when they had the 10% and free shipping plus no tax for hawaii residents!

hope ths helps, goodluck!
chris

jimnyo
10-11-2004, 05:25 AM
thanks so much--this does help. but one thing, are you saying the ultra savvy weighed more than the savona? and that the way it folds wasn't as compact as the savona? i thought the ultra folds the same as the regular savvy soho, which makes it look like an umbrella stroller folded up, while the savona folds flat and wide, like a kolcraft infant seat carrier. i have been to baby emporium, but thanks for the tip on target. i hope they haven't changed their policy on shipping to hawaii! oh, one last thing: how come you chose the savona over the savvy soho or soho dx? thanks again!!
yolanda

Buzymommy5
10-11-2004, 05:45 PM
hi yolanda...in numbers,the ultra savvy does not weigh much more than the savona but because of the fold it isn't as compact. it felt bulky and heavier. the ultra savvy has a thick body when folded and isn't even close to size when compared to the savvy soho. the savona folds up nice and flat and isn't wide at all,imo...

i have the savona and the savvy soho and i think the closure is easier on these two because you have less fabric to deal with. the one thing that bothered me about the ultra savvy was all the material on the hood...that thing was big and when it was folded in two, all the fabric bunched up and it was harder to close.

considering that the savona and ultra savvy aren't much different in size and weight, i could hold the savona with one hand whereas, the ultra savvy i couldn't. overall, between the ultra savvy, savona, and savvy soho, i like the fold of the savona the best. it all depends on what you're looking for. i wanted something easy...space wasn't an issue for me since i have a big suv...

rented a mid-size suv in calif with 3 kids and was traveling with 4 big luggages and a few boxes to take home and my husband thought we were going to have to tie the stroller on top of the car. i just had to arrange a couple of things and was able to fit the savona perfectly in the back! and believe me, i had a lot more junk in the back than i care to mention :)

btw, i order from target all the time...granted, there are certain items they don't ship to hawaii...i ordered my red savvy soho from them...it was a steal:)

good luck :)
chris

jimnyo
10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
hi chris,

thank you SOOOO much! this was really a big help. i think i'll have to go w/the soho because my dh doesn't want to spend a dime more than he has to. oh well...we'll put it toward college. :)

yolanda