PDA

View Full Version : For kids spaced 3 years apart which would be best,

JamiMac
04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
the E3 or the MBUD if you were only going to get *one* double? I cannot get both, but they seem to be the only appealing traditional doubles to me. I may get a lightweight double for later on, but in the beginning its not important to me. I'm sure I'll sling the baby at first too some and use a single.
My concern with the MB is it's size for traveling, which we do a fair amount of. I know we would want something A/T for most places but in rental cars and such I just don't know.

My E3 concern is setup and closedown being a pain. I also am afraid that my oldest would be getting in and out alot. The idea it can be a single I really like though. DD sleeps in a stroller still with no problem, did today for over an hour. Can they do that in the E3 as well? I know I have over 5 months but I'm thinking about getting an E3 soon (maybe), if that is the option, so that is why I'm going into this now.

Thanks for any opinions!

dinamom
04-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Mine are 28 months apart, and I bought the 3e because I didn't know how much longer my oldest would continue to ride. It would have devastated me to get the MBUD and only be able to use it for a short period of time. With the e3 easily going from single to double, I figured I would get my money's worth.

I love my e3 and the setup and closing isn't a pain once you get the hang of it. It takes me about 20 seconds to put on or take off. My boys have both slept in the e3 and my oldest isn't one to sleep in strollers.

My oldest is in and out too. I was careful to always keep a hold of the stroller when my youngest was in the back and the oldest wasn't in it at all. I never had a tipping problem, because I was holding the stroller. Once my youngest got bigger (he grew quickly) I put him in the front and my oldest in the back, but that works only because my oldest is 29 lbs still.

Good luck in your decision and with your pregnancy.

Susann
04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I would go with the e3. The additional seat goes up to 30lbs and at least my kids weren't 30 lbs before age 3. But if the baby happens to be 30lbs already at age 2, the older one is at that point 5 and doesn't nesessarily ride in a stroller at all or is in preschool at the time you mainly use the stroller.

Susann