PDA

View Full Version : e3 and accessories

doggiemom
04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I'm ready to buy the E3 and had a couple of questions about the accessories - mainly the sun shade and weather cover. We are getting the stroller as a gift and just curious if I should go ahead and order the accessories when we buy the stroller or if there are off-brands that work well with the E3 that are a more economical alternative? I've only seen the stroller once on the street and don't have good feel for what would work with it.

Also my husband is 6'2" would he need the extension bar or be okay with the normal handle bar?

Any other accessorie info would also be welcomed if you've found something that has worked well with the E3. I saw the posting about the Walmart sport bags that can be modified to be attached, but any other tips would be great (cup holder, etc.)

Also, what is the parcel tray pack cell listed on Kiwi-kid site? I don't have firm grasp what this is?

Thanks,

Colleen

kec2003
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
I would buy the accessories made for the stroller, just because they attach with special velcro strips, etc., that fit this particular stroller. You could probably get away with ordering jogging-style sun/rain shields from protect-a-bub or similar company, but I don't think it would save that much $$ ($10?) and you wouldn't be able to just roll them up & under the hood.

There is no "handlebar extension" -- you just detatch the handlebar and flip it over so that it bends up rather than out to make it taller. I know that doesn't sound clear, but it is when you get the stroller & see the picture in the instructions. This will make the handle 41.5" tall -- MORE than enough for tall DH's -- mine is 6'3" and loves this feature. I, at 5'10", find it too tall for everyday use & flip it back around during the week.

The packing cell is a stiffer-sided tray with handles that allows you to just grab everything that is in the basket out at once. I did not get this as I don't collapse mine very often, and when I do travel in taxis, etc., with it, I am usually taking a diaper bag with me instead of a million sand toys rattling around in there. But maybe some find it necessary...

I did just order the pannier bags, though, I did find I wanted more closed storage that would stay on the stroller so I wouldn't have to take up room in the basket with essentials (extra diapers, wipes, sippy cup, book, sunscreen, etc.)

HTH!!

Katharine
Mummy to Christopher Finlay 9/6/02

ps -- see my other post about the v2 e3 -- you may want to get that!

toomanystrollers
04-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Katharine,
I just checked Rodney's site b/c the handlebar extension intrigued me and sure enough, there's a new product listed as such. I'm waiting to hear back from Rodney for more info.

Now my dh (6'2") complains the kiwi handle is not long enough for him, but we are using the kiwi with the attached doubles seat.

Ok, back to OP's questions: "parcel cell" - skip it. Wind/Storm screen - skip it, unless gift receipient needs to be out in bad weather w/the kiwi. Sunscreen - as a single stroller - I would skip it if used for an older child, but used as a double - a definite must-have b/c the rear passenger does not have a canopy.

HTH

kec2003
04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Pam!

You're one of the main reasons I bought my e3!! I'll have to go look for the handlebar extension thingy, it does sound handy for doubles mode.

BTW, what ARE those little smiley people doing in the signature of your message? Just curious -- waving flags, dancing, both? :)

Thanks again for all your help!

Katharine
Mummy to Christopher Finlay 9/6/02

toomanystrollers
04-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Hee hee - the three smilies (one for each of our babes) are dancing - I think???

montessorimomof2
04-20-2004, 11:45 PM
I have the E3 with sun/bug mesh and the buggy bunny. I am not using the buggy bunny, as I don't like the way it doesn't stay put in the seat very well. I plan on making my own soft seat cover one of these days.

I would recommend the sun/bug mesh for both the sunscreen factor (I really worry about that) and the bugs are bad where we live. I think the main difference between an add on one or the E3 one, is that the E3 sun/bug mesh velcros and stores in the hood of the stroller. It's always there when you need it.

I'm the one who posted about the walmart bags, they work really well. I have also found the prince lionheart click 'n go cup/snack holders to work well. I have one attachment on the napper bar with the snack holder for baby and one attachment on the handle bar with cup holder for me. You can fold the stroller without taking them off.

HTH, Stacey.

strollerqueen
04-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Looks like they're doing the "Macarena" to me!

:D :D :D :D

lmariana
04-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Personally, the accessories I've used most are the sun/bug mesh and the wind/rain cover. The sun mesh is great for keeping out the buggies, sun, and nosey people!!! Whenever he's napping, I roll down the sun mesh to give him more privacy and shade.

I use the rain cover for walks out in the cold or when it's misting. I also bought this because we were going to Disney World and I wanted a nice, lightweight rain cover that would stay attached and on the ready.

I also bought the drink holder and buggy bunny. Skip the drink holder! It will hold a bottle of water or baby bottle, but not much more. The buggy bunny is okay, but I found its use to be very limiting. It doesn't attach well to the stroller, so once your little one starts moving around, it becomes annoying. However, I could have seen us using this a lot in the newborn or younger stages, just to make the bed a little more cozy.

My hubby's 6'1", and he never had to extend the handle bar, he just uses it in the same position as me, and I'm 5'2".

Now the really important question...HAVE YOU DECIDED ON A COLOR? :)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

doggiemom
04-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Wow thanks for all the info and feedback.

Think we are going for the red. We live in the east coast and figured this would be the easiest to do tick checks on when we go walking.

Colleen

lmariana
04-21-2004, 09:08 AM
That's what we got too. I think you'll love it! We're east coasters as well, Atlanta.

As a side note, the red Skip Hop diaper bag matches really well and looks great on the E3. :)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003