PDA

View Full Version : Quest vs Techno

TropicsMama
04-21-2004, 09:21 AM
How would you compare Maclaren's Quest stroller vs its Techno? Does the Techno fold like an umbrella stroller? I like the Quest that I saw, but thought maybe the techno has more features. Am looking for an umbrella stroller with the most features. What do you recomend? Should I worry about Maclaren's wheel problems? What are the weight limits on these strollers?

Tropics Mama

CiderLogan
04-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi - We went back on forth on this same issue. We registered for the Quest but ended up getting the Techno because when my parents were going to buy it for us, the Techno was on sale online for about the same price as the Quest. I think you'd be equally happy with either one, but we like two extra features of the Techno: the extra pockets on the back of the hood, and the feel of the handles (I didn't care for the foamy Quest handles, but that's just me). But probably neither of these is worth the extra money if it's a big difference. We got the 2003 at the end of the year, so that's how we saved some money.

Regarding the wheel issue, we didn't have any wheel problems, but just recently, one of the brakes broke off when I stepped on it to engage it! This was very disappointing given the high price of a Mac! I don't know if it's related to the wheel issue or not. Fortunately, I bought the stroller from arunningstroller.com, and Marilyn there has been SO helpful - she sent me a new (2004) Techno to replace the old one and is taking care of returning the old one. So that's saving me a lot of hassle! She also matched the price I found online, so I got a great deal. You should definitely consider buying from her.

Let me know if you have any questions about the stroller.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/27/03

TropicsMama
04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Thank you so much for all of your advice and sharing of your experience. I will look into the place you suggested. Does the Techno fold like an umbrella stroller or is it bigger and just folds flat? Thanks so much
Heather
Mom of Emma 8/20/01

jk3
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
It folds like the Quest-umbrella stroller fold. Both strollers are great-I have both-but I love the Techno-more substantial. I bought the Techno Classic from Marilyn-arunningstroller.com + she's great to work with. =)