PDA

View Full Version : Sun shade/stroller covers - any experience?

CiderLogan
04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I recently purchased the Kiddopotamus BabyShade Stroller Cover for my Maclaren Techno because the regular canopy (even with the extra sunshade thing on the Techno) wasn't enough for the hot Georgia sun. Before I use it, I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this, if there's a different product that's better, or if your babies liked this. It seems like it might block Julia's view of the world too much while we're walking, but then again, maybe that's better than having her get really hot and run the risk of a burn (when sunscreen isn't enough). Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,
Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/27/03

AJs Mommy
04-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Although I don't have any experience with the Kiddopotamus shade, I do have two "Protect A Bubs" - on both a single and a double stroller and I LOVE them. They tie on easily and are fully adjustable so that you can effectively block the sun and yet allow your baby a nice view of the outside world. The plus is that the protect a bub has a very high SPF. You can check out their web site at:
http://protect-a-bubusa.com/index.shtml
I purchased mine at my local Buy Buy Baby store, but if you cannot find one in your area, you can e-mail Protect A Bub - they have great customer service.
Also, you may want to do a search here...I recall many reviews of both shades.

ghs517
04-21-2004, 08:45 PM
I also have a Protect a Bub. While I agree that it limits DD's view of things, she can still see out, and it covers so much! I'd rather have her covered than burned, as you noted!

GHS, mom to Bella, 7 mos.

CiderLogan
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Thank you!

Do you have the regular or the deluxe model? The deluxe comes all the way down like the sunshade I just bought, while the regular one just extends the canopy farther. If you have the regular one, does it go out far enough to really make a difference?

Thanks,
Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/27/03

Susann
04-22-2004, 02:03 AM
I have the Kiddopotamus one. I used it on my Quest when we were in Maui. My DD loves it. She wants to pull it all the way down. It's so nice and easy to use. I'm actually thinking of getting another one for the jogger. I don't understand why I should pay double the price for a Protect-A-Bub. Maybe someone else knows. I love the Kiddopotamus one.

Susann

mastry
04-22-2004, 06:01 PM
I have the Protect-A-Bub, but haven't used it yet (I'm due May 1). However, I wanted to let you know that they sell it on babycenter.com and it's discounted.

MamaKath
04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
I've had thisone and really like it. My kids both liked it better last summer than the bonnet style of the Pepenney.

essnce629
05-13-2004, 05:36 AM
I have the Kiddopotamus one and I love it! I use it on my Combi Savvy DX and it is wonderful. I can pull it all the way down to the napper bar which is great when my son falls asleep and he can then nap in darkness. I use it almost every time I use the stroller. I was only $19.99 at BRU. I can't recommend it enough. I have no idea why the other ones cost so much.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel