PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina's latest model, the Espresso!

strollerqueen
04-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Soooo CUTE! I've been waiting for them to post this on their website! Guess this means it will be available for sale in the US very soon:

http://www.inglesina.com/eng/prodotti/zoom.php3?img=3318

Momof3Labs
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Janet, have you seen one in person? It looks just like the Aria to me, which keeps me from getting excited about this one!

momma_boo
04-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Hmmmm. Another contender for me to consider (the Zooper Swing was high on my list). Have you seen it IRL? I am assuming that it has a single handlebar, but can't tell for sure in the picture. I actually prefer the umbrella handles, since I'm looking for a shopping/mall-crawling stroller.

I have to confess that I'm really lusting after the Bebecar X-Fold, but I worry that it's too heavy (10 kilos, 22 pounds).

tinkerbell1217
04-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Very cute!! I wonder if it is any better than the Aria. It does look similar!!!

Kelly

katenyc
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Oh boy, wish I had not seen this! :-(

It is so cute! My question is--do you think it will have a ridiculously high price point? It reminds me of the Bugaboo Frog, which, at $700++, we can't afford!

Kate

momma_boo
04-22-2004, 03:07 PM
I highly doubt it will be in the bugaboo price range.
Two other Inglesina strollers are under 300. The Swift is around $99 and the Zippy is $269 (prices are from arunningstroller.com).

katenyc
04-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh, I know that in general Inglesina does not have the same price points as Bugaboo, or even as much as some Pegs, just it has that swanky "look" to it.

I wonder...if we buy a Kolcraft UCSC, if this would be available by the fall...hmmm. My husband is going to kill me! (It took months to decide on a Zippy! But it's not ordered yet, heh heh.)

Kate

strollerqueen
04-23-2004, 01:38 AM
I have only seen pics of it, but it does have a single bar handle. I think they told me it was going to cost less than the Zippy.

And yes, I think it is meant to compete directly with the Aria, (like Zooper's latest.)

strollerqueen
04-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Now THAT one I saw, and had to pick up my eyeballs off the floor! It IS a beauty! Top quality; really well-made.

But 22 pounds would definitely be too heavy for me to take in and out of the car all the time.

amondro
04-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately it won't be available until September, per Marilyn at aRunningstroller.com - that pink is a beauty!!

DDowning
04-23-2004, 02:15 AM
I can't tell for sure from the pics, but is that a drystring recline similiar to the Metrolite???

katenyc
04-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info!

Also to strollerqueen for the pricing...

Wow, now I am in a pickle. You know, before seeing this I was never "in love" with a stroller. I didn't really understand it. But this one really got me (not the pink--I preferred the gray on the Inglesina site). DH does not think I am crazy (no more than before); I guess we will ask around among his cousins to see if anyone has a Snap n Go available that we can use for a few months.

Kate

boys2enough
04-23-2004, 02:14 PM
It is cute, the colors are really nice. Guess they are tapping into this year's pink craze? ;-) It seems that it weighs as much as the Zippy though, and since it does not fold as small as Zippy, I doubt it will cost more than the Zippy.

A question for all you stroller gurus here: why is Inglesina touting the Espresso as the City stroller? It is not any lighter and does not fold small... If you were a city dweller, would you see it and go WOW this will be perfect for my walks? Did I miss something? Cheers, Lin

strollerqueen
04-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Well, I think it is lighter than the Zippy. Probably like the P3 vs. the Aria. A lot of people would find the Aria easier to carry up and down subway stairs, get on buses, stuff like that. Or even taking the Aria in and out of a car trunk all day is easier on the back than a P3, lol!

gamblindiva
04-23-2004, 11:33 PM
So does this mean you'll lend me your daughter for a little while? LOL!

amondro
04-23-2004, 11:39 PM
If she can be torn away from our pretty new Vogue, she's yours to borrow - especially after a day of having to keep her away constantly from her baby sister! I don't worry that she couldn't take care of herself in your household full of *boys*, LOL!

Anna

katenyc
04-26-2004, 02:32 PM
I think that a possible answer to your question about a "city" stroller is that it is touted as weatherproof--something important for parents who don't necessarily want to drag out the car to go for a short trip (if they have a car at all ;-)). When parking is at a premium, it takes a lot to give up your space, and a 4-block walk in the rain isn't it!

Along those same lines, though--does anyone have a clue what the boot material--the pink or blue or yellow part of it--would feel like? I can't tell if it would be sort of canvasy (like the material on the Zippy) or more like a rain slicker. If it's the latter, I would hesitate because I know that I always get terribly hot and sweaty in a rain slicker--wouldn't want to subject my baby to the same!

Thanks!

Kate

kseltmann
04-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Can we get confirmation about the ETA in the US? I would love to see this stroller! If I have to wait until the fall, then I will.
I am looking forward to a new lightweight stroller for my seven month old, the graco quattro tour from my travel system is just so big.
Right now I am thinking about a P3 or a Zippy. I also love the Silver Cross Camden in Ascot.
What a tough decision! Any thoughts?
Kathryn

katenyc
04-30-2004, 11:40 AM
I *had* decided on a Zippy prior to this distraction.
I might just go back to it...if I decide I am crazy for thinking about a stroller that, at the moment, only exists in Europe.

I've also heard good things about the P3, but the Zippy takes a Graco carseat for the occasional "travel system" need that we will have if we don't borrow a Snap n'Go for the first couple of months; we eliminated P3s and Plikos because we didn't want a Peg carseat. (If your baby is already 7 months, not an issue ;-))

Good luck!

Kate

kseltmann
04-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Really? The Zippy, huh? I loved last years colors better. I liked cookie. Anyway, I am not sure about this one now. I really like the peg Aria, but with the mixed reviews that everyone is talking about... My cousin loves hers, but she doesnt get as involved with this stuff as I do. I just want to find the right one. I was almost ready to get the Silver Cross Camden when this came along. What color Zippy were you planning on? And if you dont mind, Kate, what made you choose the Zippy?

katenyc
05-03-2004, 09:43 AM
We were planning on the gray w/red trim (PK5). Not particularly exciting, but it seems like every stroller in my neighborhood is some variation of navy blue (or navy plaid).

I have been stalking strollering moms and dads of late, and people really really like their Zippys. It is nice that they take Graco car seats (the only family I know that doesn't use a Graco uses a Primo Viaggio with a P3). Plus they are are good for infants even without the car seat (full recline, and--for 2004--fully extending sunshade).
People love the fold, doesn't take up a lot of trunk space, and it's good on all kinds of surfaces.

In truth, our original debate was between the PP Venezia (we loved the one-bar adjustable handle) and the Zippy. The Zippy is lighter and has an easy fold (we live in NY City and have one car--there is a small chance that I will have to take public transportation on rare occasions). I still wanted the Venezia until it was discussed on these boards that it's terrible on cracked/broken sidewalks. That's what tipped the scales in the other direction for us--a local friend called her Zippy "the SUV of strollers."

I don't really think there can truly be a "right" one--you just get something that you think will best suit your needs and live with it. To tell the truth, I've been thinking about this for so many months I just want it to be over and sitting in my apartment! :-)

kseltmann
05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Kate,
I think you made up my mind. I might just go get a zippy. I don't think I can survive until the fall, just waiting to see if I like the pink stroller. Even so, if I like it, I might just get it too. I just have to start saving "secret money" so my DH doesn't divorce me.
Now if I can just pick a color...
Kathryn

katenyc
05-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh dear.

I've made up your mind but I can't seem to make up my own! :-(
My husband and my mom were apparently right--I am crazy! (About this, anyway.)

I think I am going to call the esteemed Marilyn at arunningstroller.com (does she know how famous she is???) to ask about the boot/weatherproof material (since nobody here seems to know) and what she thinks about the Espresso in general. If she seems to like it, we might just buy/borrow a frame (snap n go) for the car seat and then go for an Inglesina in the fall.

Hopefully our baby will love the sling a friend just bought me and the stroller will only become an issue for longer jaunts (when she can sit up in it).

Kate

PS I would definitely try to test out a Zippy before you commit. Some people prefer the Maclarens. Not sure where you are, but they definitely have both (Inglesina, Macs--plus Pegs for comparison) at buybuyBaby (NY, NJ, & DC metro areas). Best of luck :-)

Edited to add: I had not even considered the Silver Cross (I thought they only made superexpensive pram-type strollers). Haven't seen them IRL at all, but that could easily be because I wasn't looking!

kseltmann
05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I am in NJ. Buy Buy Baby may not let me in the stroller aisle anymore, I have spent so much time there. That is where I saw the Camden.
Listen, I loved my snap and go. Wanna buy/borrow it?
Tell me what you think of the sling. I have been looking at the hip hugger.
Your Neighbor,

katenyc
05-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Kathryn,

I emailed you through the boards--did you get it? :-)

Kate