PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller for 3 1/2 yr old and Infant

kwdreams
04-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I was considering the Peg Perego P3, since it has the attached footboard. My dd would love that option I think. Also considered a SBS. I would like to stay under $250. We would use it for mall trips and zoo etc. No rough terrain. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
K

P.S. Saw the Emmaljunga Double and liked it, but out of my price range. Also wasn't to sure about bottom seat for toddler.

momathome
04-22-2004, 08:20 PM
How old is the baby who will be riding in the stroller??? In orderto use the toddler footboard, the stroller seat needs to be fully upright so your baby must be able to sit unassisted. I found that I started using my occasionally once my girls were 3 1/2 years-old and 6 months-old. I didn't ditch my double for good until the baby was over a year. You might want to use a cheap double for now like a Graco DuoGlider and then once your baby is old enough, sell your double and get the P3. Good luck!
-Lauren

Tondi G
04-22-2004, 08:33 PM
I suppose it depends on how big/heavy your 3 1/2 year old is. If she is petite then you could go with any of the SBS doubles.... my DS is big... 40+ lbs and isn't even 3 yet so we will probably have to go with a double all terrain style that will accomodate his weight..... I believe most doubles top out at 50lbs per seat or less!

The twin swift runs about 200 bucks... although that one might not be good for the infant (full recline???). The Peg Aria Twin runs in the 300 range or so (looks like you can get a 2003 for 230 or so on ebay). Baby catalog has the kidco SBS for 239... it supposedly has a full recline so it would work for both kiddos! Then there is always the Combi Twin Savvy and a Maclaren twin traveller as well!

If your DD doesn't ride in a stroller much and likes to walk then the P3 would be fine. If you think she will want to ride then invest in a decent double! HTH's you... I am sure others will have more suggestions for you! Good luck

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01