PDA

View Full Version : kiwi/e3 owners-is the seat too narrow?

hubie
04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
I saw it irl finally and the seat looks awfully narrow at 11.5" at its deepest. Any issues with this or are others just very roomy???

kec2003
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
DS seems very happy and cosy in the e3 v1 (the narrow one), although he is only 19 mos. This is why I am trading in for v2 -- is supposedly about 12" wide at narrowest part at hips, instead of 10". 12" wide is what my old Zippy was, and DS seemed like he had lots of room even with winter coats, toasty toddler bag, etc. Also, on the e3, the seat gets wider further up, so there is lots of room for growing shoulders, etc.

I am almost considering keeping the e3 v1, though, as in the month we have had it, DS has become incredibly fond of it. He often asks to "ride!" or if he gets stressed out in music class (too much stimulation or whatever) he wants to go "sit!" in his stroller to collect himself for a minute. Very funny to see, I never thought a stroller would be a security object, but I do think the very nicely formed seat and higher napper bar help DS feel enclosed and snuggled up. It is a great stroller...

HTH,

Katharine
Christopher Finlay 9/6/02

MamaKath
04-28-2004, 01:11 PM
If you check out my site, there are various size age kids in the Kiwi E3 and the Explorer to give you a better idea. My very tall 5 yo (47+ inches) sat in it and said she was comfortable. She prefered the seat style of the Explorer (hammock) but the width did not bother her. Link is in my signature.