PDA

View Full Version : Twins - the double snap-n-go or not?

jmcknight
04-29-2004, 03:46 PM
I am expecting twins boys in September and have a 14 month old dd. I found that now that she is older I never use the larger stroller that her carseat carrier snapped into and I just use an umbrella. So, I was considering the double Snap-n-Go for the twins until they are out of their carseats carriers. Does anyone have experience with this - like it? If not any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
-jennifer

hardysmom
04-29-2004, 09:26 PM
YES. YES. YES.

I almost never used a travel system set-up with my 2 yr old DS, but I can't imagine life without my double snap n' go. With a toddler and 2 newborns, it will be pretty tough to get out.... My son is now almost 2.5 and the only way I can manage all three by myself is with the babies in a double and Hardy on a Board. I went (once) to the mall that way and it was OK. Otherwise, I have to have to either use the SNG and hold DS' hand or sling one twin while the other rides in a stroller with big brother.

The Double Snap n Go is fantastic. It is long, but it turns very well. Great basket, easy to set up, folds fairly small, light... If you get one, check the production date on the side of the stroller. If it was made before 2003 you will want to send it in to Baby Trend and they will replace the wheel mechanisms... they were defective and made the stroller awkward (though not awful) to steer. I had my wheels replaced after getting my SNG at the Zainy Brainy close-out and it made a huge difference. I had to pay the shipping cost ($15 by GFed Ex Ground) but it was worth it since I got the stroller 60% off.

Definately get it. It is too hard to carry 2 seats even without trying to manage a toddler. When you only have the babies, it is so easy to use. I can't think of a downside.

Besides the Snap n Go, I have a MBUD and a Peg MicroTwin...

Stephanie, Hardy, Blythe & Charlotte