PDA

View Full Version : How do you find out the weight of Graco strollers?

Kayla
04-29-2004, 09:48 PM
I've been looking at their website and I cannot find this information.

em_jon98
04-29-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't know why they hide this, but...if you email Graco CS they will tell you the weight.

Which model are you looking at? Someone here can probably tell you the weight and save you the email...

Kayla
05-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks- I guess I'm looking at the Metrolite or Citilite.

em_jon98
05-02-2004, 11:04 PM
The Metrolite is 15 lbs. I own one and love it. We have had it for almost two years, and have had very few problems with it. We did have some issues with it folding a while back, but DH played around with it and it is fine now. We haven't had any problems with the wheels, as someone below mentioned in another thread that may be a problem with Graco strollers. The steering isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. There is defintely a difference between the Gracos/Evenflos/etc and the Macs/Inglesinas/etc, but you will only notice it on a stroller like the Metrolite if you have a Mac or such as well. For a $99 stroller, this is a great buy.

Best features of the Metrolite:
It is lightweight
Easy to fold (it folds flat, not umbrella style)
Has a relatively large basket
Recline is drawstring style, which can take some getting used to, but is great once you get used to it because you can recline it to exactly what works for you child, including completely flat.
Nice parent tray with two cupholders
Kid's snack tray

Emmas Mom
05-03-2004, 01:15 AM
The newer versions of the metrolite's are a little heavier (like 17 lbs) but they have the release bar that reclines the seat, instead of that drawstring thing. Also, they have added a feature where you can access the basket when the seat is fully reclined. I'm heading to BRU this week to check it out cause I've been on the hunt for a lightweight stroller (and considering my Quattro Tour is 28 lbs...17 would be a dream!). :-) The Amazon/BRU website has one listed as "Metrolite LE stroller", the pattern is "colby print". I think the Citilite is around 11 or 12 lbs.

kseltmann
05-03-2004, 01:08 PM
THE QUATTRO TOUR IS 28 POUNDS????
No wonder I have tendonitis in my shoulder!!!
So even a zippy would be a lightweight!!!

strike71
05-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I checked out the metrolite le colby, citiite and quattro this weekend and decided on the metrolite. As stated the new metrolites have the one hand bar recline and a drop down basket for easy access when reclined. The citilite does not have these features.

The quattro was a lot heavier to me but had a few other features. A tiny more recline to perfectly flat, another area in the parent tray/sunglass holder, and the canopy can go in the front or back. Unfortuntately the difference in weight made me stick with the metrolite.

Emmas Mom
05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Those "extras" on the Quattro's are kind of overrated in my opinion. And I don't think the extra weight makes it worth it...though I did love the Quattro travel system when my DD was still in her infant carrier. I'm going to BRU today to check out the Metrolite Colby. :D