PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Aria Comment

lag555
04-30-2004, 01:46 PM
So many people have been asking about lightweight strollers and they'll make a comment like, "We have been looking at the Aria but all the negative comments scared us away". And I keep feeling like I need to defend the Aria or at least let people know that there are some people (or at least one person) who like it. But I feel like I keep posting the same comments over and over.

So here is my official Aria statement:

I LIKE THE ARIA. I THINK IT IS A FINE STROLLER. I RECOMMEND IT.

Disclaimer: I use a pram/carriage as my primary "stroller". I use the Aria mostly for car trips. I like the way it folds. I think it pushes sufficiently well. (Not as nice as my carriage, of course, but I am fine with it.) My child is very comfortable in it. The canopy is very small and the basket can sometimes be hard to get into. Unless the weight was an issue, I would probably not want this as my primary stroller. But again, I really like the light weight and the fold.

Thank you,

Aggie

Edited to Reply to some of the comments:
I hang my diaper bag on the handle and have never had a problem with tipping the stroller over.

I must have the 2003 model because it has a child and a parent tray. Although I do have to say that I really don't care about the parent tray.

Lastly, just yesterday a funny thing happened with my stroller. A friend was helping me down the stairs and she said "Why are your front brakes on?" I had no idea what she was talking about, and it turned out that I had the brakes on one of the front wheels. She unbraked it and since then, my stroller has been jumping all over the place. It is much easier indoors, but outdoors I've found it a little unstable. So if this is bothering anyone else, try to set the brake on one or both of the front wheels.

Aggie

newmomto1
04-30-2004, 04:26 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really think I want to get this stroller...it's so nice to see something positive!
Do you have the one from this year?? It looks like maybe the basket is a little larger this year??
I have a Graco Quattro for outdoor use, I want to purchase this for trips to the mall, etc. Right now I am using a Snap & Go..& I LOVE the huge basket! I just hope I'll have enough storage in the Aria...at this point it's really my only concern & the only reason that I would consider the Graco Citilite.
Any opinion?
Thanks again for your posting!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

strollerqueen
04-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I think some of the Aria comments apply to older models. I didn't care for them when they first came out, either. They weren't much better than Gracos, but had no child or parent snack trays, and cost a lot more. They were a lot more plastic-y than any other Pegs, so that takes some getting used to. Also, the recline and seat fabric wasn't suitable for a newborn; they slid and slumped down. There was no legrest, and the car seat plate attachment was a pita.

That said, I think the newer models are vastly improved. I just got a 2003, because I wanted the parent and child snack trays. This is the only model year that has both features.

I wanted it for our festival stroller. It does recline more than previous models, but since my DS just turned 3, it wasn't as important. Mainly, I wanted something with built in trays that didn't fold up like a big ol' bulky tank.

I don't expect a lot out of it, either, since I have multiple strollers to choose from for rougher terrain, or a more compact fold, or more comfy, etc.

The 2004's DO have bigger baskets than the 2003's, BUT, no parent tray! They use just the little bitty cupholder like the P3's. So that's the trade-off.

momathome
04-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey, Janet! Glad to see you took the plunge! What fabric did you get? I really like my Aria - it is now my mall stroller. Mine is also a 2003 Explorer print and I love the parent tray. I wonder why Peg changed it to the dinky cupholder for 2004 - doesn't make much sense. Oh, well, enjoy the Aria - we sure do!
-Lauren

strollerqueen
04-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks, you helped me make my decision!

I got the Synergy, seemed nice for spring.

I guess the trade-off for the snack tray was the bigger basket. Don't know why we can't have both, though.

momathome
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I love the Synergy fabric - very pretty! That is what I initially wanted for my P3 but we ended up with Metallica instead because Synergy was backordered. And, yeah, I agree with you, it would be nice if Peg could have combined the bigger basket with the snack tray. Give Mr. Perego a ring and see what the deal is. ;) I did end up getting the stroller hooks to put on the handlebar and that has made a world of difference when shopping. Take care!
-Lauren

newmomto1
04-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Do you use the hooks on the aria or p3? I am planning to get an Aria...where do you buy the hooks? With the Aria being so light...doesn't hanging things from the bar make it tip over if you take your baby out? Also..does the Aria have something to hang a diaper bag from like the p3? If so, do you need a special type of diaper bag?? (sorry...I am clueless & trying to figure this all out)

momathome
05-01-2004, 09:27 AM
I use the hooks on the Aria - the P3 does not need them. I bought them at Babies R Us in the stroller department where they have accessories. As far as diaper bags go, Peg makes a diaper bag that is designed to clip onto all Peg strollers - I am pretty sure that www.arunningstroller.com has them. I own an Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag which I bought from the Eddie Bauer website - the straps of the backpack can be clipped over the handlebar so that I don't have to carry it. The Peg bags are around $89 - I got my EB bag on sale on the EB webite for $34.99 - they had it in black and Khaki. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!
-Lauren