PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina customer service?

Caroline1124
09-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I bought my 2004 Zippy back in February I think.. anyways I noticed that when I open the stroller, the sides don't automatically click into place. I found an old post where this was happening to someone else and they called Inglesina and got a new stroller.. however since I have had mine for several months, does anyone think that Inglesina will do the same for me? I am pretty sure that this always happened and it never occurred to me that it was a problem. What do you think?

avitalismom
09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Do you have the canopy attached in the right place? I found I had trouble opening and properly locking it in place because the canopy slipped from it's regular place.

As for Inglesina CS, I called and said I lost one of the arm rest covers and they sent me a new pair right away. It's worth a call.

mollymcmommy
09-07-2004, 03:53 PM
You know, I've had mine for 9+ months, and I've noticed the same thing from day one. But I never thought anything of it, especially since there's a warning in the manual to make sure the frame is clicked together with that little hook thing. But maybe it should click into place ALL the time. Hmm...

Just recently, though, I noticed the stroller isn't running too smoothly. It squeaks a bit. I wonder if something went off track? I guess I should give their CS a call.

Andrea

mollymcmommy
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
I just called them... They're out at the stroller expo until September 15. Argh!

Andrea

Caroline1124
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Figures!!

I realized tonight that I never sent in my registration card.. I bet this will be a problem. I hope not.

mickey
09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I think you are suppose to use your foot and press down when you open it to make sure it is locked - I think I remember reading that in the instructions.

It is still easier to open than the majority of strollers out there if ya ask me. I went stroller shopping this afternoon for a second stroller and felt good about owning a Zippy! My sister-in-law had given me her old Combi - but I hated the thing - it was so big - took up the entire trunk. Ended up leaving it a grandma's house.

I've had my Zippy since last Sept - and have not had any problems where I've needed to call their CS dept. The wheels started squeaking a bit so I used some WD40 and they are as good as new.

mollymcmommy
09-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Caroline1124 -

So did you ever call Inglesina C/S about the frame not locking together automatically? Just curious what result you got.

Andrea

Not a Bobblehead
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
As pp mentioned, you are supposed to use the little foot lever to "lock" the stroller into place. Just a little tap is all it should take. If you do call CS, let us know how they respond. Thanks.

amyeff
09-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Definitely worth a call, but all I can say based on my experience with Inglesina is good luck. We had the exact same problem, though it didn't develop until the end of the one-year warranty. We should have called immediately, but like others we thought maybe we just didn't have something adjusted correctly or had to push down harder with foot when opening the stroller. But about a month after noticing the problem -- and after the warranty had expired -- it was no longer possible to lock the stroller open without pushing it down by hand, and eventually that became almost impossible.

I called and got voicemail, and no response to my msg, so then I emailed, also with no response. Emailed again and got a curt response, ignoring first email and asking me to explain the problem again. I did, and received no reply. I called and emailed again, still no reply. Finally I sent an email asking them just to let me know if they ever intended to deal with my situation or if I was just wasting my time, and I received a very rude reply saying that I could mail the stroller in at my expense and would be billed for any repairs. Their concession was that if the stroller was still under warranty, they might cover the cost of repairs, but we would still have to pay postage. The warranty had just expired, so we decided to cut our losses and give up.

Initially we loved our Zippy, got the matching diaper bag and the whole deal, but next kiddo will probably have a tried and true Perego. If you got your stroller through a local store, maybe they could act as an intermediary for you with Inglesina customer service. Anyway, hope you had better luck than we did!

Amy