PDA

View Full Version : Kolcraft universal stroller vs. Baby Trend snap and go

punkadoodle2
09-08-2004, 10:42 AM
HELP!!! We're expecting #2 in December. I already have a travel system and DON'T want to use that huge thing again. I've heard rave reviews about the Kolcraft and Baby Trend car seat carriers. (We have the Evenflo On my Way carset.)

According to both strollers our carseat is compatible. But, can someone tell me what the difference really is between these 2? And to complicate matters, I noticed that baby trend makes a snap n go and a snap n go sport!!!

I'd love ANY and ALL feedback. Thanks!!!

Ellen

chickieboomboom
09-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I have a kolcraft ucsc, which I LOVE. The rubber wheels and LARGE basket make the ucsc the choice mode of transportation, over my peg perego venezia. My baby is almost out of his infant car seat, so I will have to find a replacement soon. :(

I noticed that Kolcraft has a larger basket than snap n go. I do not even have to get a cart at the grocery store, the basket is so spacious.

www.babyage.com has the kolcraft ucsc for $39,95, plus shipping of $4-5. I think that is the best deal you will get.

punkadoodle2
09-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks so much for your quick response.

I too thought the Kolcraft's basket looked bigger. Can ALWAYS use a bigger basket.

I have the Peg Perego Plikomatic but would much rather use this neat little trick for a while! A friend said that she just put her carseat into her Plikomatic and it worked great. Maybe I should try that out. Got the seat out last night, just need to take it downstairs where the stroller is!

Thanks for the buying hint too!! I'm going to a HUGE Children's consignment sale this weekend, would LOVE to find one there. :D

Ellen

Honora21
09-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I also reccommend the Kolcraft. It was a simple solution that allowed me to go from the car to strolling in a snap. It was also very light so I had no trouble carrying up the stairs of my brownstone. I miss the HUGE basket now that my girl is 7 months old and in a Maclaren!

MamaKath
09-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Thought I'd throw this into the mix. I came across it the other day, and thought it looked pretty cool, especially with the compact fold and carry handle. It lists compatibility with the latest Evenflo (double check that your seat has no recalls and is less than 6 years old) but doesn't list older seats though it most likely will work since Evenflo's style of attachment I don't think has changed much. Thought this looks pretty interesting if nothing else. :-)
http://www.babyage.com/product_details.aspx?ProductID=12245&cp=MS12245

That said I don't recommend extended use of carseats personally, so I will recommend getting a fully reclining stroller (you may already have one) for a newborn, plus a sling for quick trips into shops (not inside the car of course though). If a carseat works in it, great! But my concerns (*see below) about the bucket carseats trump the convenience of the frame.

*Carseats are meant to keep your precious little one safe in case of an accident. The bucket baby seats are awful convenient and most of the manufacturers have pushed the whole TS idea instead of making reversible handle carriage strollers that allow a baby to lay down, stretch out, see mom, etc. The bucket seats can contribute to positional plagiocephaly (though in conjunction with other factors) and breathing difficulties in infants (the angle for an extended period). There is also some concern about the proper development of the spine being affected in some children from the overuse. They are wonderfully convenient for many moms and dads, and are a blessing when you are running errands (in and out of the car) with a new baby.

mickey
09-08-2004, 06:44 PM
I have the navy blue UCSC and loved it - was sad when baby grew out of her car seat. It was great to travel thru airports or do errands in the city.

I just saw the black one - it is pretty cool looking - I'd recommend it if you have a black or gray/metallic car seat!