PDA

View Full Version : Yikes, I did it: ordered the Valco Runabout + toddler seat

MorganMom
09-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Well after much hemming and hawing, I decided to ahead and order the Valco Runabout and a toddler seat. I was really torn between the Valco and the E3 (I think I must have read every post on both strollers I could find on the internet as well as posting questions of my own LOL). Never could find a Valco near me to see it IRL, but did look at the E3 locally.

I just think the Valco will work better for us as DS is already at the weight limit on the E3's double seat, and I like how the Valco keeps the newborn in the main seat of the stroller.

So I took the plunge and ordered from Rodney's (kiwi-kids.com) site. Now I'm anxiously waiting for my Cherry Red Valco! Rodney said they'd be in sometime next week -Woohoo! I'll try to post some pics when I get it...

omgrown
09-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Valco owner. I convinced DH that the Bugaboo we bought months ago wasn't the best option for us and now he LOVES the Valco (mind you, we haven't gotten to use it yet, I'm due with #1 in 5 weeks). I'd be interested in hearing about your IRL experience with it, esp the toddler seat, which we haven't gotten yet, but was one of the deciding factors for us.

shall85296
09-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Morganmom- I know we were both debating the same stroller issue, for the same type use and I decided the same thing last week, and got my Valco on Friday! It is fabulous! I have never used a 3 wheeler ( w/a swivel wheel) - and it is the easiest thing to push ever. My husband even said that it "glides"( and he doesn't get into the stroller thing). My 2 y.o. seems to like it just fine. It is a little harder for him to climb out of than our other strollers, so that is good for me! The seat is very padded & plush.
The basket is also a great size. It was extremely easy to put together, and the wheels are VERY easy to remove, although I haven't needed to yet.
I thought that some people were complaining about a difficult fold - but mine is extremely easy to fold - and lifting it in and out of my trunk, it doesn't seem much heavier than my peg venezia.
Unfortunately the toddler seat won't be shipped to me until at least tomorrow - so I don't know about that yet. That is the part I am most anxious to see.
I debated the red, but decided I couldn't wait until they were in stock - so I ordered plain old black - but it is still fabulous.
Good luck with yours - let us know how you like the red.
Stacy