PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Maclaren Global

cca
09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any feedback about the 2004 Maclaren Global Stroller Pram? We're due in january and didn't realize how much went into stroller purchasing.

thanks,
aryamom

cmorgen
09-14-2004, 08:28 PM
We checked it out and really liked it, but ended up going with the Peg Perego Aria instead because it was lighter (Mac was 18 lbs I think, and the Peg was 11) I would say that you can't go wrong with a Maclaren though!
Another option would be to get a snap 'n go for the first few months and then get a lighter Mac for later.

Lynnie
09-15-2004, 11:13 PM
hi -

i have a 2003 global that i got from the fao schwatrz going out of business sale really cheap, and after i bought it i searched this board and asked alot of people about it. the consensus was pretty mixed, but i would say more people complained about it than were happy with it.

i haven't used mine more than a couple times because i just use a very light easy to fold cheap evenflow to hold the carseat in for my newborn, and i rarely shop or go out alone with my newborn and two year old, so just have that one in the car. when i walk around the neighborhood for exercise (several miles at a fast pace) i use my big tank bertini sport with a toddler jump seat on top and just love it.

the few times i used the maclaren with the two year old i liked it well enough, but had trouble getting the hood to stay on, and closing and locking it with the hood, but i suppose if i used it more i would be a pro with practice. the wheels did squeak on our walk, and had i paid the list price for it, i would have been very bothered.

i saw a friend with the same one, and she said she hates it but i don't know why.

i know that is probably way too much information, but all in all while i think the stroller is a great concept, because it can recline fully, hold the carseat, fold up to a small size, it still probably is not worth the money. of course i can't base that on anything but a gut feeling and reaction from reviews, as i really haven't used it. but i would rather have a lightweight one for the car and also a jogging stroller or something for long walks

i think the other person recommended a snap n go or kolcraft for the car seat (although you will also learn that people will tell you never to put the carseat in the stroller because it is bad for the baby to be in that position, but since my pediatrician said she used to drive her kid around to put him to sleep and then left him in the carseat to keep him asleep, i would stick the carseat in there) and then later get another stroller (or two), depending on what you will need it for.

i know that after my first son outgrew the infant carseat, the cheapo evenflo stroller wasn't that great because it didn't fully recline, so when we drug him out to dinner and he fell asleep, it wasn't comfortable. thats why i got the global, for when the new guy outgrows his infant seat - about now.

also, you can do a search of this board and get feedback about the global and opinions on other strollers. people here are great, and very knowledgable. i have heard many good things about the zippy - and some complaints too. and my sister in law has the bugaboo and loves it but her mother hates it. you could also go to the yahoo stroller swap board and look for advice and good deals on used ones.

so go try some out, and don't get stressed out about it. and while it is probably possible to have just one stroller, don't feel bad if you end up with more...

cca
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
thanks for the info!!:)

Lynnie
09-17-2004, 03:14 PM
just wanted to let you know that i took my global to parrot jungle today with my 5 month old (the 2 1/2 year old walked) and other than the canopy/hood thing coming unsnapped once, it was a nice little stroller. it steered easily, seemed like it gave the baby a nice smooth ride, and i used 3 of the seat positions. plus, it seemed comfy for him because of the nice padding.

still don't know if it would be worth the list price, but after using it today, i do think that it was definitely worth what i paid for it. i do believe i have seen the 2003 model (what i have) for sale nib on ebay.

once again, too much info.... good luck