PDA

View Full Version : best stroller for nyc

samanthabc
09-14-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm about to move to nyc and I need some stroller help. I have a 1 yo son and I'm looking for a stroller that is very lightweight for travelling on the subway and buses, but also durable enough to withstand walks in the park, etc. Maneuverability is also important as most of the stores in NYC have narrow aisles. I currently have a zippy, but it's way to heavy to get up and down the subway stairs while carrying my son (I've tried this and don't recommend it!). I've seen the maclaren volo and quest and I'm interested in the micro and mini, though I haven't seen either yet. I'd appreciate any feedback/reviews on this subject. Thanks!

jk3
09-15-2004, 10:50 AM
If you don't need a recline, I'd go for the Micro. It is plusher than the Volo and lighter than the Quest. I tried out the Micro w/my DS + he looked really comfortable in it. If you do need a recline, I'd go for the Quest. We have this stroller + it has worked out really well for errands + travel. It's lightweight yet has some features. My DS is really comfortable in it + can even nap in it if necessary. Good luck with your move + stroller choice!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png