PDA

View Full Version : Zippy folding mechanism

Khralvarez
09-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Okay,
I know that people on this board love their Zippys, but when I started researching the Zippys I saw many reviews on Amazon.com that noted that the one-handed folding mechanism breaks rather quickly. So my question is -- have folks here noticed that? or were those just flukes? And, if they did break, was the Inglesina customer service helpful? Lastly, has anyone used the bassinet attachment that I've seen on the webpage for it?

Thanks,
Confused in Stroller-land!
(aka Kira)

Baby #1 due on 1/10/05

mickey
09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
I've had my Zippy for about a year now - and have not had any problems with it. I am not particularly hard on the stroller - but it is used every day by either me or the nanny.

Don't think the bassinet is necessary. I had my baby 10/28 of last year and either used the car seat adapter thing (with a Graco Snugride) or for walks in the neighborhood I just had the seat in the 4th position (just about flat) and had the boot on it. I'm from Chicago and walked outside all thru the winter unless it was under 20 degrees - that was when I thought it might be too cold for baby.

My only tip would be...if you want any of the accessories for the Zippy order them now. I ordered my boot in November and did not get it until January. (I ended up buying one of those Bundle Me things - which also works nice for the carseat - so it wasn't that big of a deal - I just feel that the boot provides a little more protection from the eliments) I ordered thru Babyride - and they claimed that Inglesina simply was not manufacturing them fast enough. I looked into a few other stores IRL and online and no one had them for those two months in the color that I needed.

OK - that was more info than you needed - but good luck. No matter which stroller you end up with I guarantee that there will be atleast one that that drives you nuts about it. Mine is that the canopy isn't big enough - but that is b/c I have the 2003 model. They made the canopy bigger on the 2004 model.

Good luck!

ellies mom
09-17-2004, 08:20 PM
A big reason we bought the Zippy was because of the ease of folding and opening. It just folds up so cool. I don't think I'm hard on the stroller, but I tend to open and close it with a flourish since as I mentioned earlier it is just so cool (10 months into it and it still makes me happy). Anyhow, we haven't had any problems with ours.

I must say that some of the reviewers over at Amazon don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed. For example, not liking the baby trend jogging stroller because you have to lift the front wheel off the ground to turn corners. Duh, jogging stroller. I've found the info here to be a lot more useful.

Not a Bobblehead
09-18-2004, 02:48 AM
We've had absolutely no problems with the folding mechanism on our Zippy. It works great and I've never heard of anyone having any problems with it. This is actually the first post I've ever seen that referenced any problem with the Zippy.

sturgmom
09-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I've never had any problems with the folding mechanism on my Zippy either. I LOVE this stroller for the way it folds and unfolds. It is the best stroller purchase I've ever made.

As for Inglesina CS, IMO I think they're great. I bought one Zippy, but somehow the frame or something was bent and the wheels didn't sit on the ground properly. I called Inglesina and they sent me a new stroller immediately, issued me a tag to send it back UPS and I even shipped the faulty one in the box from the new one. They sent it to me before I sent the faulty one back. BUT that was 2 years ago. It might have changed since then.

hardysmom
09-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Nope, no problems. And I am fairly hard on strollers. I used it as a primary in/out of the car stroller when my son was about 14 months until he was 2... lots of zoos, outdoor stuff, tons of air travel.

The only problem I ever had was my sister's attempt to fold it without a clue... she couldn't seem to process that all you had to do was push the button and almost bent my frame trying to shut it like a Pliko... that certainly wasn't the strollers fault.

I can't imagine what they are breaking. Hnmmm.

Stephanie

murpheyblue2
09-19-2004, 12:42 AM
I haven't heard of a problem with it breaking. Ours is still doing great after using it for a good 9 months.