PDA

View Full Version : SBS seat sizes

Tina9544
09-17-2004, 10:36 PM
I am going to get a SBS for my toddler and my newborn because we went out for teh first time today with our Duoglider and I HATE IT.
ANyway - I really like the Combi Twin Savvy but the seats are teeny tiny and my toddler is a big boy. How are the seat sizes on Maclarens? I will probably be ordering online so I want as much info as possible before I do so.
Or can you recommend something good? I really want an umbrella fold if possible.

sams mommy
09-18-2004, 11:07 AM
hi

i love the maclaren sbs but my son was too wide for the seats, he is 3 and 40 inches and 41 pounds, but not a hefty child...

he was also too big for the inglesina twin jet--

the only sbs that he fits in so far is the mountain buggy urban double jogger, and the aria twin, but his head barely fits under the canopy..
i hope this helpa

any if possible please bring them to see the stroller first- if i ordered online i would have had the wrong stroller---

donna jean

MamaKath
09-18-2004, 11:50 AM
If you can see any in person I would. Every child is different in build. On my site, I tried a variety of kids in to the same strollers when possible just for that reason. It is funny to look and see who fits, and who looks uncomfortable. My big dd was comfy in some of the Maclarens (there are a couple years that are too narrow, you might want to make sure you got this years model), the Inglesina TwinJet, and the Kidco Double. There are many doubles that just don't work for certain kids. She hated the MBUD!!! Never was comfy, got it anyway, ended up selling for a loss. :-( If you can try them first, do, even if you still order online! And double check return policy. It is often better to pay a bit extra and not have a hassle on a return iykwim. :-) Good luck!!!

sams mommy
09-19-2004, 01:29 PM
hi

which maclarens had wider seats??

thanks

donna jean