PDA

View Full Version : Where on earth can I find a Zippy 2003 in Navy? Or should I just wait for 2005?

kittykat
09-20-2004, 05:06 PM
I like the Inglesina Zippy's 2003 solid navy blue much more than the new 2004 navy blue with white piping, but I can't find the 2003 model ANYWHERE on the web! At least not in solid navy (you can still find the 2003 "Sugar" and "Cookie.")

Any ideas, or should I just give up and wait to see what the 2005 models look like? When do the 2005 models come out? (my baby is due in December, so I've got a little time.)

cuca_
09-20-2004, 07:18 PM
I had a 2003 navy blue zippy and had some problems with the fabric, because it pilled. I called Inglesina CS and they told me that apparently it was a common problem with that fabric. This was back in Jan./Feb. They sent me a seat and canopy in the white and navy blue print (the check fabric).

A warning: In my experience Inglesina's CS has greatly deteriorated. The person who helped me back in Jan. is no longer there, and the current CS rep. is rude and unhelpful.

I love Inglesina strollers (I have a zippy and a swift), but would hesitate to buy one now, as a result of the horrible experiences I have had with their CS rep. lately.

Carmen
DD May 2003

skipperlou
09-21-2004, 09:54 AM
DMart has them for $250 and free shipping. See link below.

http://store.yahoo.com/dmart2/inzipstrol11.html

In reply to the previous post, I called Inglesina CS in August after I received my new Zippy and one of the web straps on the basket was fraying. They immediately sent me a new basket (arrived in 2 days) without even asking when/where I had purchased the stroller. They also answered my question regarding a rainshield. I had an excellent experience.

Also be aware that the 2003 model does not have the newly improved hood.

HTH!
Lara

journey4justice
09-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Can you tell me what improvements were made in the hood between the 2003 and 2004 versions? The hood does go down to the napper bar, correct?

kittykat
09-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Regarding skipperlou's tip about DMart, I should've included the fact that I did order a Zippy from DMart because they were the ONLY vendor on the web who was still advertising the 2003 navy Zippy. But the stroller they shipped to me yesterday was a 2004 (and I had to pay $20 to ship it right back to them.) I had to explain to them the differences between the 2003 and 2004 models, and I pointed out to them they are still advertising 2003 models when they are actually selling 2004 models. Obviously DMart doesn't know its own products very well. This was a highly irritating experience.

Does anyone know when the 2005 Zippy's come out? I'm just not real jazzed by any of the 2004 colors.

Smiles81
09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I saw some on ebay the other day.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

cuca_
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Well, Lara, you've had better luck than me. I've been waiting for the correct canopy since February, and no luck yet! :(. The last time I called CS and asked about the canopy, the rep, whose name is Todd Lansing, answered: "I don't know, you tell me." You tell me!!! WTH!! When I questioned this ansewr, he then said in a snippy manner, that he had recently started working there, and that he stood by his statement (meaning "you tell me"). By the way, this was in August, and I had talked to him several times between May and August. How's that for sucky customer service?

Carmen
DD May 2003

mollymcmommy
09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm confused... Is there a difference in material between the navy fabric and other colors? Or is there a difference between the 2003 material and that of other model years? A PP mentioned that the fabric on her '03 navy Zippy had a pilling problem. My '03 "sugar" Zippy is in a fabric that doesn't look as if it would be susceptible to pilling whatsoever. Hmmm...

Andrea

cuca_
09-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Andrea,

Yes, there is a difference in the Navy fabric and the other fabrics. The Navy fabric in the '03 zippy was sort of a weave/waffle type fabric. Not smooth like the others. (Don't know if this makes any sense).

By the way, Lara's post inspired me to call Inglesina about my canopy, once more. The rep who answered my call, Kim, was very helpful, and I am hoping that my problem is solved, once and for all. I was told that Mr. Lansing is no longer working there.

Carmen
DD May 2003

Not a Bobblehead
09-21-2004, 07:00 PM
We have a 2003 solid navy Zippy and love it and love the fabric. No problems with pilling whatsoever. It is nice fabric - not shiny nylon type. We use the Zippy a lot and haven't had problems of any kind. Bought it new in box on eBay for about $150 plus about $20 shipping in November of 2003. Husband bid and won on Cookie but emailed the seller and asked if he had navy, he did and sent it for no extra charge. Seller was mgm1997 I think. I would try eBay and if you like the navy, go for it. Matched our Navy Diamond Snugride great!

squimp
09-22-2004, 02:07 PM
It's my understanding that the 2003 hood doesn't come down to the napper bar. We have the 2004 model, and I have to say that feature has been really nice, especially when we're in the sun or when DD falls asleep while strolling.

MamaParis
09-22-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure if this one is a 2003 or a 2004 ... but it is Solid Navy and a decent price. There is only one left, though, so if this is the right one - better hurry! :)

http://www.babynewsonline.com/liquidation/products.asp?CatID=11

http://www.babynewsonline.com/liquidation/liquiddetail.asp?SKU=66303

Good Luck!
Paris