PDA

View Full Version : Mamakath, ? on Kiwi Explorer

Sandy
09-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Kath,
I hope things are going well. Can you answer a question for me on the explorer. I bought one off of swap a while ago and haven't really used it because the tires were flat and I had a bunch of other strollers that worked. Now I am expecting my second so I figured I better get it ready. Can I use a regular bike pump for the tires or do I need something special.

Thanks,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

MamaKath
09-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi Sandy,

You should be able to use a regular pump. It sometimes feels a bit tricky getting the thingy in there, but it can be done. I usually try to get dh to do it (he uses our bike pump or his air compressor), though I broke down the other day and made it work myself. ;-) I have actually had mechanics and bike shops pump them when I have been out. I tried one time at a gas station, and was not able to. The mechanics were so intrigued with the whole thing, they rushed out, brought it into "the back" and brought it back with nice solid tires. ;-) Enjoy it!!! I have been drooling over the ABC's in the co-op since they are so similar to the Explorer, yet come in fun colors, lol. Good luck pumping them, and enjoy using it!!

dylansnan
09-21-2004, 06:38 PM
I have had such trouble keeping air in my tires. I'm on my 3rd set of tubes now! They have not ended up having major holes, just slow leaks. This ofcourse is not a P&T problem, just my rotten luck of getting bad tubes. I still cannot find a portable pump that will work on it either. But I LOVE it and use it almost everyday!!!!! Might actually be able to use the second seat, come next fall! Thanks again Kath, I got it because of your positive comments!

MamaKath
09-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Aww shucks! I am blushing, lol! I am so glad you are enjoying it still, and how exciting- possible use as a double. That would be fun!!!

Have you tried Slime in the tires? I would check with a bike shop for ideas to insulate the inner tubes. I have a friend who had a similar problem, but finally got a set that worked. I will have to see if I can dig up any other info for you on the tires.

dylansnan
09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
With the first set of tubes I contacted Rodney who put me in touch with P&T CS, who sent me new Tires- not tubes, so I have a brand new set of 12" rubber tires(who knows, if I'll ever use, hehe) I did buy slime, but couldn't take the valve part off on those, so couldn't use the slime. My dad ended up taking it to a bike shop, and they put all new tubes in, well those leaked to, so now I have the third set(which were free), they seem to be holding up so far, but it has only been a week.

As for using it as a double, it is just a possibility that next fall, I may have another baby in my care!!